This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM club - keep me company

(5 Posts)
fivesacrowd Wed 27-Feb-13 08:56:12

Thanks everyone. Feeling a bit better today, still can't put on my own socks, but might venture out for coffee later.

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Tue 26-Feb-13 19:13:58

Tonsilitis, bronchitis and D&V (fortunately not all at the same time and fortunately all over a period of 7 years!) have also meant that I have had to close. You HAVE to close if you are ill. It is not fair on you or the children if you carry on.

So, have a break, take it easy and keep coming back for a chat!

Titchyboomboom Tue 26-Feb-13 19:06:11

I had to cancel due to a bad bank last month and felt awful but I had to. Could not carry on!

FeelingOld Tue 26-Feb-13 09:33:06

Oh dear, poor you. I hope your back soon improves.

I think as a mum and a childminder we are just conditioned to carry of through colds and coughs and all the other illnesses we pick up but sometimes you have to accept you just can't carry on.
A couple of years ago i got mumps and was forced to take a week off as its a notifiable disease and i felt terrible letting parents down but this is what they have to accept when they choose a childminder over nursery (mind you in 9 years of childminding i have had 8 days off sick, and thats including the 5 days i took when i had mumps!!)
Just take this time to recharge your batteries and to get better and i know its hard but try not to feel guilty, we are all human.

fivesacrowd Tue 26-Feb-13 09:11:32

I normally work a 4 day week with 6 mindees at various times, but got up yesterday morning and the backache I've been ignoring for weeks was so bad that I ended up at GP who gave me some very lovely pain relief and told me that I've not to work for at least a week. I've just managed to get my 3dc to school and now I'm home alone for the first time in months. Stuck on the sofa and bored already and feeling really bad about all my parents having to find alternative childcare, although they've all been lovely about it (which makes me feel even worse). Hand holding and words of wisdom needed. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now