Note: Please bear in mind that this is a discussion board, not a place to advertise childcare vacancies or recruit childminders/nannies etc. We don't mind the odd mumsnet regular mentioning that they're looking for a job/mindee (although you're probably better off in MN Local) but repeated job "ads" and posts from nanny/babysitting agencies aren't fair to people who are paying for small business ads. Do feel free to report any you see. Thanks, MNHQ.

Book a Safeguarding training

(5 Posts)
miriam82 Thu 21-Feb-13 15:53:00

Hello everyone. I need to book on a Safeguarding training ASAP. I have been looking on to some, but I don't think I understood it right. There are so many options. Also someone said that the the safeguarding trading from NCMA, is not enough, that I would still need to do a proper one.
All you lovely childminders would be able to help me, give me a recommendation on wich one to chose, hopefully not so expensive
Thank you

miriam82 Thu 21-Feb-13 15:53:45

I meant safeguarding TRAINING*

Twinklestarstwinklestars Thu 21-Feb-13 16:05:49

Our local authority run their own, they do an online course, might be worth checking yours.

Flisspaps Thu 21-Feb-13 16:10:44

My local authority don't recognise the NCMA one. OFSTED do, but they say you have to do one your Local Authority recognises.

Phone your Early Years team, they can guide you in the right direction.

miriam82 Thu 21-Feb-13 18:52:10

Thank you, i'm gonna ring them. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now