Join us at Workfest for expert advice on kickstarting your career x

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Entertaining Charges aged 3 & 4

(8 Posts)
nannynicnic Thu 21-Feb-13 01:34:14

Ideas are currently needed on how to entertain a 3 & 4 year old quietly. We are in America.... have been here over 2 1/2 weeks but I'm now out of ideas!! We've basically done everything we can bar a couple of things were waiting to do this weekend before flying back to England on Sunday night.

As were away we only have very limited items with us. We are staying in a large apartment so have lots of space.

Thanks in Advance.

Twinklestarstwinklestars Thu 21-Feb-13 07:18:51

Can you not take them out to burn off some energy? There's no way my 3 year old mindees would keep quiet all day!

TwistAndShout Thu 21-Feb-13 07:42:45

Throw a sheet over the table and make a den!

HSMMaCM Thu 21-Feb-13 07:45:51

TwistAndShout, I was going to suggest the sheet, but you beat me to it grin.

You will never keep them quiet all day, so find somewhere for them to run.

calmlychaotic Thu 21-Feb-13 08:20:30

make jewellery with beads, make play doh, cooking. make masks, puppets. hide and seek. good luck!

nannynicnic Thu 21-Feb-13 12:13:28

We don't have a normal table so den is out of it. Unfortunately where we are based is not very child friendly. We are in Manhattan... A long way from central park. And its not warm here, its about -2/3 so cant keep them out for too long.

longjane Thu 21-Feb-13 15:45:58

you keep them outside if make them run and run run

also a foot ball for indoor if you have to space
practice throwing in to a bucket or some thing
and catching to each other

have you done your abc and sounding them out

there are lots of apps for your phone if you need something different

DerbyNottsLeicsNightNanny Fri 22-Feb-13 19:00:45

make a den, have a long bath complete with kitchen items such as a sieve, plastic bowls & spoons etc, hide & seek, drawing, treasure hunt around the apartment - hide some sweets/stickers or something like that?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now