This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Male Au Pair

(27 Posts)
MrsJones100 Mon 18-Feb-13 21:08:44

I have a DD 12 and DS 10. Would really like to hear your thoughts of the subject of a Male Au Pair, anyone who has had experience, pros and cons, the fact I have a DD, she said she would be fine with that and DS would like it.
Big question is it any less safe.

MrsJones100 Fri 22-Feb-13 20:52:55

Thanks for all the great input. Must be a well kept secret how good these guys are, the girls are in so much more demand, although many I guess are just not
comfortable with the idea. I will go ahead and advertise for both and just see what comes along, but I am now much more open to the idea of a chap.

NumericalMum Sat 23-Feb-13 22:29:39

What an interesting post. My dh would not be happy with a male AP for some strange reason. I would be indifferent. In fact I would probably prefer it as I struggle a little to relate to teenage girl fluffiness. Luckily our AP is very independent for a teenage girl and we will miss her a lot when she goes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now