This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Babysitting charges

(9 Posts)
firepitguru Tue 19-Feb-13 17:03:23

I pay £5 per hour for local teen (who is brill) for dinners out but £11 per hour for 'seriously need a professional to deal with any issues' occasions. Depends on how you want to sell yourself.

sleeplessinderbyshire Mon 18-Feb-13 22:47:00

nursery nurses from my DDs' nursery ask for £5-6 an hour to babysit (including doing meals/bathtime) I usually round it up to £7-8 an hour and they look embarrassed and ask to come back repeatedly so I think it depends on area no way would I pay £9 an hour for a babysitter

ZuleikaD Mon 18-Feb-13 10:00:47

£40 including mileage.

miriam82 Mon 18-Feb-13 09:57:09

Thanks everyone. They got 4 kids. And I need to go to their house. X

Blondeshavemorefun Mon 18-Feb-13 07:59:52

Regardless is babysitting or nannying I charge £10 an hour - as it is still my time

Some nannies I know charge a few pound less an hour for babysitting but I don't

It's the same amount for each family whether they have one child or 4

The only time I charge more is if 2 family's so parents can spilt costs and then it's £12/14 per hour

ZuleikaD Mon 18-Feb-13 06:03:06

I'm a CM (also charging £5/hour during working hours) and I charge £9/hour for babysitting. How many children is it for and is it simply a case of having them stay on at yours or do you have to go somewhere else?

lechatnoir Sun 17-Feb-13 23:01:40

This is above & beyond normal babysitting & more like nannying plus awkward hours as it encroaches on both your day & evening. I'd be looking for £30 minimum and more if there are multiple children plus fuel costs if it's far.

beenhereayear Sun 17-Feb-13 22:56:42

I'd expect to pay about £20 but dependant on how many kids and what work is involved.

miriam82 Sun 17-Feb-13 21:36:44

Hou much would you charge for a babysitting from 4:30 to 8:30. I'm trying to know roughly, to get an idea. I'm a childminder and usually charges around 5 pounds per hour. But have been ask to babysit too? Thanks for you help

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now