This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM - new and wondering where to advertise in my local area to get mindees for September?

(7 Posts)
fraktion Sun 17-Feb-13 14:47:29

A CV up on www.nannyjob.co.uk doesn't cost anything (not just for nannies despite the name). The more visibility you have the better really.

Twitter can be used as a marketing tool if you're in there and follow people if your local area/parenting accounts. You often get people askin for recommendations.

Runoutofideas Sun 17-Feb-13 14:14:36

I started minding last year and now work with 6 local families. They are all in some way linked to my dds school. I would speak to the school secretary and ask if it is posible to put an ad in a school newsletter or for her to take your details and pass them on to any new families enquiring. I would guess that once the school places are confirmed, people will start trying to sort out before and after school care as well as care for younger siblings of newly school aged children.
I also found my childcare.co.uk ad to be successful and had a few enquiries from the netmums childcare pages too.

ZuleikaD Fri 15-Feb-13 14:25:12

I've got all my clients through childcare.co.uk and have had enquiries for my September place already.

Twinklestarstwinklestars Fri 15-Feb-13 12:49:42

I did a successful leaflet drop, and have had a few from childcare.co.uk.

thedevilisinthedetail Fri 15-Feb-13 11:32:53

Yes think I just need to get myself more out there!

TheDoctrineOfSciAndNatureClub Fri 15-Feb-13 11:30:31

Local notice boards?

Creche at local gym?

Local soft play or playgroups?

thedevilisinthedetail Fri 15-Feb-13 11:28:18

So far I have looked after one little boy for over a year and with two of my own under 3 found this more than enough! However that place will come to an end in July and I have no work lined up for September. I live opposite the school my daughter is going to go to so have posters up in the windows of my house, my local council has all my details to send out if they get an enquiry...but feel I should be doing more to ensure I have work lined up.

Just wondering if there are any suggestions of other things I could be doing to be a bit more proactive?

Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now