Note: Please bear in mind that this is a discussion board, not a place to advertise childcare vacancies or recruit childminders/nannies etc. We don't mind the odd mumsnet regular mentioning that they're looking for a job/mindee (although you're probably better off in MN Local) but repeated job "ads" and posts from nanny/babysitting agencies aren't fair to people who are paying for small business ads. Do feel free to report any you see. Thanks, MNHQ.

If you have a nanny who does your kids laundry and meals...

(30 Posts)
AbbyCat Thu 14-Feb-13 20:00:11

Do you routinely separate laundry into a kids pile then? How do you ever have enough to justify a full wash is your stuff / household stuff isn't in it??
And re meals how do you ever eat dinner together/ the same food??
Am I just being really thick?

Blondeshavemorefun Sat 16-Feb-13 19:07:41

scrubbing the gusset of your employers dirty knickers

'blondes heaves'

that is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay in the no duties list grin

ReetPetit Sat 16-Feb-13 19:25:32

omg,how awful!! shock

i am a cm but if i were going out to work and employing a nanny i would never expect her to do my laundry or cooking. i thought nannies were nursery duties only?!

can't you have a laundry basket for your kids that your nanny deals with and keep yours in your bedroom?

cooking, i would think she cooks for the kids around 5pm, not for parents. i think if there's any left over she could save it for you but i wouldn't expect it as a parent.

MummytoMog Tue 19-Feb-13 10:40:44

Our nanny washes kids clothes and nappies. We have a laundry basket on the landing just for them. Now and then she puts some of our washing onto dry, but I generally try and do it myself so she doesn't have to bother. I strip beds, do towel washes etc

She feeds kids during the day, I do evening meal unless I'm late home. We try and have her eat with us once a week or so, but getting a bit tricky at the moment with OH working evenings. She is veggie and we are not, and we tend to eat very late so takes some planning to eat together!

MummytoMog Tue 19-Feb-13 10:41:52

I'll just clarify that I didn't ask her to do nappies, I was perfectly happy to do them myself, and I would completely understand if she didn't want to go near the nappy buckets! I certainly won't expect our next nanny to do them.

RoseMartha Mon 25-Feb-13 22:41:04

When I nannied, I did put the parents clothes in the wash as well and dried them. But I only ironed and put away the children's clothes. I also changed the children's bedding and laundered that too. It wasn't in my contract to do the adults clothes, but it made more sense to me to save water and electricity.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now