Note: Please bear in mind that this is a discussion board, not a place to advertise childcare vacancies or recruit childminders/nannies etc. We don't mind the odd mumsnet regular mentioning that they're looking for a job/mindee (although you're probably better off in MN Local) but repeated job "ads" and posts from nanny/babysitting agencies aren't fair to people who are paying for small business ads. Do feel free to report any you see. Thanks, MNHQ.

Childminding Assistants

(10 Posts)
Titchyboomboom Thu 14-Feb-13 00:09:06

Exactly why I was wondering, for dh to be back up

lechatnoir Wed 13-Feb-13 21:18:36

No I just added his name no training required except 1st aid to be left alone with mindees. I'm sure it's good practise to do courses if he's actively involved but mine is purely for back up.

badtemperedaldbitch Wed 13-Feb-13 20:55:35

So is he your employee then? Does he have to be registered with ofsted and does he have to do the level 3 training?

lechatnoir Wed 13-Feb-13 20:52:38

Yes mine is even though I've never had to use him (& wouldn't pay him unless it was a regular thing). I added him purely as an emergency back-up so if I'm I'll he can still do the morning school run.

badtemperedaldbitch Wed 13-Feb-13 19:16:05

Can my husband be my assistant?

teenagersmother Wed 13-Feb-13 18:06:44

Twinkle is partly right. Spot on about first aid and parental permission but the two hour per day rule was introduced with the revised EYFS in September 2012.
it used to be short periods which was much better !

Titchyboomboom Wed 13-Feb-13 17:35:21

Marvellous, thanks both. I'll clarify with my development worker, but looking good!

Twinklestarstwinklestars Wed 13-Feb-13 16:21:48

They need to be first aid trained and have parental permission. Also there's no set limit time wise, ofsted say something along the lines of 'short periods with parental permission' so depends what you think is a short period.

Forresitters Wed 13-Feb-13 16:17:44

Off the top if my head I think childminding assistants can be left alone with children for 2 hours only each day. I'm sure someone with better knowledge will come along to add more info and correct me if I'm wrongwink. Contact your development officer or childminding coordinator to clarify info regarding this. smile

Titchyboomboom Wed 13-Feb-13 16:01:57

Can assistants be left alone in the house with the minded children and do the school run? A cm friend of mine thinks not, but others say yes...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now