Note: Please bear in mind that this is a discussion board, not a place to advertise childcare vacancies or recruit childminders/nannies etc. We don't mind the odd mumsnet regular mentioning that they're looking for a job/mindee (although you're probably better off in MN Local) but repeated job "ads" and posts from nanny/babysitting agencies aren't fair to people who are paying for small business ads. Do feel free to report any you see. Thanks, MNHQ.

How much would you charge for a second child?

(11 Posts)
LAF77 Thu 14-Feb-13 20:22:35

I think it might be a bit much for her to look after 3 children under 3. I know it can be done, but I think it would be quite stressful for her.

Forresitters Wed 13-Feb-13 16:27:29

How close do the other family live to you? What about considering a nannyshare?

LAF77 Wed 13-Feb-13 13:43:46

She is the first nanny I have had.

drinkyourmilk Wed 13-Feb-13 06:51:52

So she is your temp?

LAF77 Tue 12-Feb-13 21:05:33

Thanks. I offered her better holidays, but I think she will go back to the other family.

I wasn't sure if the other mother would return to work, so I was hoping that she wouldn't and my nanny would stay. It is hard because even though we have only been together for a short time, I feel like I am losing part of my family. I don't have any relations in the country, so I need all the help I can get!

nannynick Tue 12-Feb-13 08:29:50

Did you offer them a temporary job, thus knew they would be leaving?
Offering more money does not mean someone will stay in a job they want to leave.

TheFallenNinja Tue 12-Feb-13 07:27:13

Be careful you don't end up in a bidding war. Perhaps consider a better package rather than hard cash.

LAF77 Tue 12-Feb-13 07:24:24

She was working for the other family and then the mother had a second baby and went on maternity leave. The other mother is going back to work now. I guess she feels closer to the other child as she cared for her for 2 years instead of 5 months for us. I wish she wouldn't go so I was considering offering more, but I wasn't sure how it would work with the other family having 2 children and what sort of pay they would offer.

nannynick Mon 11-Feb-13 22:41:37

There would be a change in the duties but more pay, not in my view.

Why do you feel your nanny is considering leaving you?

SamSmalaidh Mon 11-Feb-13 22:16:58

Nannies don't charge per child, they are paid a wage to work for a family. Some families might offer a pay rise for subsequent children but many don't.

LAF77 Mon 11-Feb-13 21:52:08

Hi, I am wondering what a nanny would charge if they were taking care of 2 children in the same family. I don't want my current nanny to go, but she has another family with 2 children. I am wondering what I could do to get her to stay.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now