Note: Please bear in mind that this is a discussion board, not a place to advertise childcare vacancies or recruit childminders/nannies etc. We don't mind the odd mumsnet regular mentioning that they're looking for a job/mindee (although you're probably better off in MN Local) but repeated job "ads" and posts from nanny/babysitting agencies aren't fair to people who are paying for small business ads. Do feel free to report any you see. Thanks, MNHQ.

1st Ofsted grading inspection - any tips?

(7 Posts)

Ooops sorry - Am on phone. Was going to say have a look on www.childmindingpaperwork.co.uk - really good reviews

Have al

Titchyboomboom Wed 13-Feb-13 15:55:19

I did free play, play dough with added media, and a snack time which is a good opportunity to show hygiene routines. Mine talked quite a lot so just relax and don't feel like you need to put on a show

lechatnoir Tue 12-Feb-13 13:12:46

will definitely use the treasure basket with a few old favourites & add some new ones for interest plus music / singing is part of her regular getting dressed routine so can expand upon that very easily and coloured pasta would be good & I can reuse for my youngest when he gets home from nursery grin I just wasn't sure how much the inspector would need me for answering questions or whether they just check paperwork & observe from afar.

Titchyboomboom Tue 12-Feb-13 01:25:20

Music time, stories, treasure basket may be a good idea. Save it for the day so the inspector can see the child react to it all. Also, tin of metal jar lids... Amazing! Keeps them entertained for hours!

calmlychaotic Mon 11-Feb-13 22:56:00

there was a big emphasis on inclusion and diversity so make sure you have books and toys reflecting different cultures, disability etc. Lots about how learning and how youo are helping and planning their learning.

SEF they wanted to see parent and if possible childs view taken into accoutn.

cant thnk of anything non messy! make butterflies cut them out of folded paper, get baby to put paint on one side then fold it over.

put some paint/food colouring on different types cooked pasta and tlet them drop/throw it on paper, makes pretty patterns and good sensory stuff.

good luck!

lechatnoir Mon 11-Feb-13 20:51:14

I've been registered since September but only had baby 2 days a week since November & 3 yr old half day since last month so still finding my way. I'm struggling with the SEF as I haven't worked for long but think (hope!) my paperwork is in order and know they're hot on safeguarding, new EYFS etc.
Presumably I can't go out to usual groups/walk with baby so what would be a good activity on the day for an 11 month old who isn't mobile & doesn't like messy stuff grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now