This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childminders please ease my guilt!

(6 Posts)
MUM2BLESS Fri 15-Feb-13 19:58:24

Dont worry she will understand. At the end of the day you have to do what is best for you and your family. I am a cm.

As cms we have to be flexible and be ready to adapt to changes. Not easy but sometimes it happens that way.

All the best

BRush1 Fri 15-Feb-13 17:35:37

I have been minding for 4 years and it is all part of the job she will be ok

HSMMaCM Mon 11-Feb-13 09:11:26

Tell her as soon as possible and write her a lovely reference letter for new parents.

ZuleikaD Mon 11-Feb-13 08:55:35

Yes, let her know asap and she can get back to the other family. But you may also have to bear in mind that she may not want to go part time and may give notice.

Flisspaps Mon 11-Feb-13 08:53:34

As a CM, this is part and parcel of being self-employed. My hours were halved from this month on, and it's hard, but that's one of the downsides to working from home and spending all day with my own kids.

Let her know asap, the other family might still be looking for a CM.

Hiddenbiscuits Mon 11-Feb-13 08:41:51

DD goes full time to her wonderful childminder but i have been offered the chance to go part time at work as a job share. Financially we can just about afford it but will not need a full time childcare place anymore. i feel horrible to tell cm that her income from us will be halved. We had an informal review a few weeks ago and discussed hours as she had been asked to take on another child but i didn't know i would be reducing my hours then so she had to turn them down. Now she will have to advertise etc- Help i feel like a horrible person!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now