Note: Please bear in mind that this is a discussion board, not a place to advertise childcare vacancies or recruit childminders/nannies etc. We don't mind the odd mumsnet regular mentioning that they're looking for a job/mindee (although you're probably better off in MN Local) but repeated job "ads" and posts from nanny/babysitting agencies aren't fair to people who are paying for small business ads. Do feel free to report any you see. Thanks, MNHQ.

Does the NCMA standard contract miss anything out?

(9 Posts)
bubblepops Sat 09-Feb-13 15:52:00

I think it is good practise to sit and fill contracts in together! May take a while but it means you can cover everything.

I use the NCMA contracts and find they cover everything, but I add extras into the bit below the hours for example, term time only extra

Titchyboomboom Sat 09-Feb-13 08:54:23

The contract is very thorough, but just make sure you go through it with a fine tooth comb and fill in ALL relevant sections or write n/a if necessary. A friend had an issue with a box left blank.

Your cm will have free advice available as she is using the Ncma contract so don't be afraid to ask if you are unsure of anything, she should be able to find out quite easily for you

ReetPetit Fri 08-Feb-13 19:22:10

I'm sure she knows wbat shes doing op. I assume you are not her first clients?
Its not really up to parents to add anything to contracts apart from the standard bits your cm has requested you fill in...
If you are going to entrust your child to her you need to trust her to fill in her own contracts

Murtette Fri 08-Feb-13 19:11:48

Thank you! All the blanks have been filled in and I couldn't think of anything that was missing but, being new to this, was concerned something may have been overlooked.

ZuleikaD Fri 08-Feb-13 08:29:07

I find the NCMA contract to be pretty thorough.

nannynick Fri 08-Feb-13 06:20:22

Be very clear as to what the arrangement is with regard to you taking holiday, childminder taking holiday, bank holidays. I have not seen an NCMA contract so do not know how taking holiday is worded on it.

MrAnchovy Fri 08-Feb-13 00:54:08

The key thing is the filling in of the blanks - as these relate to the main areas where dispute can arise, if these are not filled in completely and consistently then there may be trouble ahead.

Flisspaps Thu 07-Feb-13 20:50:21

No. They're pretty thorough and are updated periodically (last time was late last year I think)

Anything not mentioned in it is probably covered in the policies and procedures that the childminder has written.

Murtette Thu 07-Feb-13 20:45:30

We're about to use a childminder for the first time. She has sent us a copy of her contract to sign which seems to be the standard NCMA one with the blanks filled in. She has only been working as a childminder for a few months so I don't suppose that she has yet faced a situation which isn't covered in the contract or a situation where the contract is a bit vague. Do those of you who have worked as CMs or been parents of mindees for years have any suggestions for aything that you wish had been included in your contract as, if I think it may apply to us, I could suggest that we include it.
Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now