This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Nanny recruitment agency..

(12 Posts)
juneybean Thu 07-Feb-13 19:18:45

Tinies north east is fabulous... In my opinion at least

Its not the SW London branch of the agency is it? Someone there told me my reference (when leaving first job)was terrible, whereas all the other agencies said it was brilliant... Apparently ex employer raved about me. I wrote it off as a mixup and just didn't bother with them again (tho 10 years later they still still text me annually on my birthday!).

gruffaloshild Thu 07-Feb-13 13:52:14

Yes it was tinies, Im sure the other branches are lovely, it's just the one I was working with have been awful but I have mad ea complaint today, good luck with finding a Nanny

scrummummy Thu 07-Feb-13 12:37:29

Hi can I ask a question? Was it tinies? As I've just registered with them looking for a nanny. if so can you recommend any?
Sorry for highjacking.

Uppermid Wed 06-Feb-13 23:38:50

I nannies for 10 years, never got on with tinies, never felt they listened to me. Posters on Nanny job website will be ale to recommend other agencies.

In a previous life I worked for an agency and they always seemed pretty good, though I think all new staff there now, it's over 6 years ago I left but am happy to give you their name if you want it.

Uppermid Wed 06-Feb-13 23:35:58

Sounds like you need a new agency

juneybean Wed 06-Feb-13 23:24:26

Ah the thread title has been edited.

fraktion Wed 06-Feb-13 23:19:59

Do we know it's Tinies? Either way it sounds a terrible agency. Definitely complain to head office if there is one, REC or ANA if they're a member.

It does sound like you've lost out on this job. Maybe she was keeling it for someone else?

gruffaloshild Wed 06-Feb-13 20:37:13

She said with much schadenfreude, "don't worry I say things that come out all wrong too, I manage many Crèches and I get feed back telling me that I've really upset one of the workers for telling her she's set the toys up all wrong"
I have worked with women like this and I have a strong feeling that I need to leave this agency.

juneybean Wed 06-Feb-13 20:31:37

As far as I am aware they are franchises but I'm sure tinies wouldn't want their good name being tarnished. You could try speaking to head office.

Sorry you've had a bad experience with your your agency, not all tinies are bad

rubyslippers Wed 06-Feb-13 20:30:27

complain about the agency staff member to her superior?

sounds very unprofessional

gruffaloshild Wed 06-Feb-13 20:28:01

I have had two interviews with a family, both went well as far as I could tell, when I left last time they asked me when I would be available to start.

The lady from the agency has been very negative in her feed back to me today.

Firstly she said that she has had some "terrible" feedback and the parents are very disheartened with how I had come across.

Apparently I didn't come across as though I was enthusiastic about the post (not true)
When they asked me if I had any questions I asked if they would mind writing a job description for me so that I know exactly what is expected of me, apparently they thought that I came across as though I had no initiative.

The lady from the agency said how do you feel about all of this criticism, I said that we are clearly not a match and I will look else where, then she said, 'they still want to take the job forward with you but should I tell them that you are very upset by the comments?'

It feels as though this agent is purposefully misrepresenting me.

I suspect she is jealous of me (I am a trainee primary school teacher, have nannied for ten years with a lot of skills, good references and professionally satisfied)

She had asked me for a reference from someone I babysit for, then told me that the reference had come back as very bad (I was sat with the lady whilst she wrote it and I saw that it was anything BUT bad!

Also the family asked me what I expect in terms of salary and I said I am currently on £11 per hour, the lady from the agency said that they were offering only £9.50 an hour but I could negotiate that in my second interview, only to find that the lady from the agency had told the family that I had agreed to £9.50 an hour and she told me that no nannies across England earn more than £9.50 an hour, she was confrontational, angry and rude in her manner.

So now I feel like I have lost the opportunity of a great job because of this woman at the agency.

What shall I do?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now