This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

What is the approx cost of a nanny inc taxes per hour?

(6 Posts)
nannynick Fri 15-Feb-13 13:52:26

Payefornannies is the one my boss has used for nearly 5 years without probs, so give them a try.

podmumlet Fri 15-Feb-13 12:52:27

nannynick - are there any payroll admin service providers you recommend?

thanks!

nannynick Tue 05-Feb-13 21:27:56

There are other costs to keep in mind:

Payroll Admin (unless you plan to do it yourself) - roughly £135 a year
Mileage payments, 45p per mile (first 10,000 miles per year) if nanny uses their own car.
Activity costs - same as it would be if you took your children out places.
Food/Drink whilst on duty.

With 3 children it can certainly be a viable option as nannies are not paid per child.

iloveholidays Tue 05-Feb-13 14:04:01

Thanks that's perfect!

No idea if I'd be able to find a part time job mind... smile

OutragedFromLeeds Tue 05-Feb-13 13:56:16

Use this calculator from MrAnchovy to help you work out what the net would equate to once you add tax, NI and employers NI.

Always, always agree a gross salary when it comes to contracts though.

iloveholidays Tue 05-Feb-13 13:49:18

I've been looking at some adverts for nannies which are around £7 to £8 per hour net. Just wondered roughly what this would equate to gross?

I've got 3 children, one starting school in September, one starting pre school next January and 3 month old now... Thinking about finding a new job in September but working out whether it will be worth it financially. Trying to juggle pick ups from everywhere sounds pretty stressful so thinking a nanny is the way to go!

TIA... Any other advice would be welcome. Have been using a childminder for the last few years so new to the nanny world! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now