Note: Please bear in mind that this is a discussion board, not a place to advertise childcare vacancies or recruit childminders/nannies etc. We don't mind the odd mumsnet regular mentioning that they're looking for a job/mindee (although you're probably better off in MN Local) but repeated job "ads" and posts from nanny/babysitting agencies aren't fair to people who are paying for small business ads. Do feel free to report any you see. Thanks, MNHQ.

How to find a good Au Pair

(4 Posts)
fraktion Tue 05-Feb-13 17:55:34

They're charging that much because when you say 'looking after a baby and a toddler' they assume that's sole charge and extended hours. That's nanny territory.

Perhaps you could explain the job a bit more so we can advise you what would be sensible?

Lostonthemoors Tue 05-Feb-13 13:19:32

Ps usually aps don't look after children under 2.

Lostonthemoors Tue 05-Feb-13 13:19:09

You can sign up on au pair world - costs about £40 iirc

VictoriaO Tue 05-Feb-13 13:16:41

Hi All,

I am considering employing a live in au pair, hoping to pay £107 pw with free board, travel, mobile and internet access.They would be looking after a baby and a toddler.

Can anyone recommend how I go about finding an au pair? There seems to be a number of agencies charging extortionate fees and charging £200 plus per week.....I really do not want to pay this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now