This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Live in nanny babysitting overnight

(4 Posts)
Blondeshavemorefun Tue 05-Feb-13 12:40:19

Bless you / Kwym about faaaaaaamily weddings

Try and Enjoy weekend away with hubby - Hope you have fun smile

AndBingoWasHisNameOh Tue 05-Feb-13 12:20:41

Thanks blondes. The grr is having to leave DD behind (DH and I work in demanding jobs and don't get to see much of her during the week so for us weekends are family time) and having to fork out a lot extra in childcare fees when I'd rather not have to. Which when added to the accomodation, present, travel makes it a rather expensive endeavour for a party where we will know few people and whilst related to the bride I don't really like her that much but have to go cos it is "faaaaammmily".

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 05-Feb-13 11:07:09

Why the grrrr - unless it's coz you have to pay for childcare?

Enjoy the thought of a day and night with you and hubby and no need of one of you looking after dd / staying sober etc / having to leave early as dd is tired and grumpy etc

When I do 24hr care I generally charge £180/200

Which roughly works out £10ph hour daytime / till midnight and sleepover fee midnight to 7/8am of £30

If I'm looking after a baby/ toddler who wakes up in the night/ wants feeding etc then charge £240 per 24hrs

AndBingoWasHisNameOh Tue 05-Feb-13 10:37:26

We have a "child free" wedding (grr) coming up next month. It is for a family member so we have to go. We will need to ask our live in nanny to look after DD overnight if she is free/wants to do so but she hasn't done this before for us so I wanted an idea of the going rates before discussing it with her. She does the odd bit of babysitting outside her hours for which we have agreed £10 per hour gross. Say we wanted her to do noon Saturday to noon Sunday, what should we expect to pay?

For context DD is used to the nanny putting her to bed and sleeps through about 50% of the time, the other 50% she normally wakes once but will be back asleep within about 10-20 mins. We live in outer London.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now