Note: Please bear in mind that this is a discussion board, not a place to advertise childcare vacancies or recruit childminders/nannies etc. We don't mind the odd mumsnet regular mentioning that they're looking for a job/mindee (although you're probably better off in MN Local) but repeated job "ads" and posts from nanny/babysitting agencies aren't fair to people who are paying for small business ads. Do feel free to report any you see. Thanks, MNHQ.

My wonderful nanny is leaving :-(

(7 Posts)
ladytrace Tue 05-Mar-13 15:55:31

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

MyHeadWasInTheSandNowNot Sun 03-Feb-13 21:20:24

Just a little bump!

Good luck!

AuntLucyInPeru Sun 03-Feb-13 20:58:04

Thanks :-) central SW London, 8am - 6pm mon to fri, children ages 3 & 5, pay £500pcw net. Live out. Anyone with a loving nanny to re-home please get them to PM me!

MyHeadWasInTheSandNowNot Sun 03-Feb-13 20:25:09

Sorry to hear that sad Great nannies are worth their weight in gold! What area of the country are you in? Someone might be able to help you? (might be a nanny, might have a nanny looking for a new job or whatever).

RosamundLehmann Sun 03-Feb-13 20:22:14

Aunt Lucy, I really feel for you. Have just posted myself about a situation not very different. It's really got to me. Hope you find someone who really is a "stayer" this time.

Sending positive vibes and virtual wine to you!

Becp Fri 01-Feb-13 19:48:02

My situation is completely different but sort of connected, I've minded a little boy for nearly 4 years & he would be leaving to start school in Sept anyway but I've just been offered a job in a school nursery 5min from home & it's term time only so I'll get holidays off with my own children. I'm dreading telling his mum as we get on well & I hate to let her down, even though I know it's the right thing to do.

AuntLucyInPeru Fri 01-Feb-13 19:09:25

and I feel so sad! She's been with us 12 months, the kids love her, she so reliable and easy going. And now she's going off to be an apprentice in a new career. I'm so bloody gutted it's ridiculous. This is the 6th nanny we've had in 5 years (2 we 'exited' when it didn't work out, the other three are good friends, now either parents themselves or living on the other side of the world). This one, i really hoped she'd stay with us til DD goes to school next year.

I hate changing nannies - such horrible upheaval for everyone and brings home all the guilt that I, evil mummy, choose to work and leave my loved children with someone else hmm.

No point really, just wanted to share. DH thinks I'm boring and histrionic hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now