Note: Please bear in mind that this is a discussion board, not a place to advertise childcare vacancies or recruit childminders/nannies etc. We don't mind the odd mumsnet regular mentioning that they're looking for a job/mindee (although you're probably better off in MN Local) but repeated job "ads" and posts from nanny/babysitting agencies aren't fair to people who are paying for small business ads. Do feel free to report any you see. Thanks, MNHQ.

Once the tax return assessment has been sumitted..

(8 Posts)
offandcold Thu 24-Jan-13 12:00:54

How long does it take for Hmrc to process it ? So I can start paying asap ?

Thank you for your help !

offandcold Thu 24-Jan-13 12:23:09

BUMP

RosieGirl Thu 24-Jan-13 12:56:26

If you have submitted it on-line I think you are responsible for paying any outstanding tax from the last tax year and the first payment of 50% for the first half of this year by 31st January. At the end of the submission there would have been a page detailing this, you will not receive a reminder in time.

Mr A may come along and give you better advice.

fieldfare Thu 24-Jan-13 13:01:14

It was on the final page. Have a look on your saved copy and it should detail what you have to pay for 11-12 and forward pay for 12-13.

offandcold Thu 24-Jan-13 13:50:52

I'm completely confused...I have submitted my return this morning and got a mail saying that it is being processed...in the account, it still says that I have nothing to pay. I don't think I have any outstanding taxes to pay from last year.

offandcold Thu 24-Jan-13 13:55:06

Field I'm off to look at it..will be back

offandcold Thu 24-Jan-13 13:58:53

Does the money I payed in July will be subtracted ?

fieldfare Thu 24-Jan-13 18:24:27

Yes, whatever you paid in July will be taken into account.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now