This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Nanny share - what do you do about food?

(5 Posts)
Stokey Wed 23-Jan-13 14:02:10

Am about to start a nanny share with a friend for our two babies, both will be just under one. Just looking for a few tips on how to work it. Do nannies normally prepare food or would we prepare it and leave freezer stuff for her to heat up?
My nanny is new to this too so advice appreciated, thanks

cansu Wed 23-Jan-13 19:54:24

I would think thattis would come under nursery duties. I would get her to do some batches of food and leave this to her. Surely this is one of the many great things about having a nanny?

nbee84 Wed 23-Jan-13 20:19:10

Nanny would prepare the food - though wouldn't be adverse to reheating if you left something in the fridge that you want the babies to eat. It may be helpful for her if you left some food in the fridge/freezer for the first week or two whilst she gets used to the babies (and they to her smile) and their routines.

Let her know if you have any particular wants/not wants regarding food. Maybe ask her to do a menu plan so that you can make sure you have the right ingredients for her to cook some dishes. Make sure you have plenty of small freezer pots and ask her to batch cook some food for the freezer for both her and you to use. Obviously this would depend on how much time she gets whilst looking after 2 babies, but if she's lucky then both the babies will nap at the same time after lunch.

botandhothered Wed 23-Jan-13 20:23:14

Yes, nanny prepares food.
If she is new, you could suggest some favourite foods, then leave the ingredients for her.
If she is any good she will try the children with different healthy foods.
I suggest asking her if there is anything she thinks you should add to your shopping list.

BobbinUp Wed 23-Jan-13 21:11:15

I wrote out some recipes that I liked for her to try and also showed her my Annabelle Karmel books to have a go at. Ask how she feels about cooking. Ours initially seemed a little unsure so I pre made some things for the freezer but has turned out to be very able. Agree not having to prepare food is a winner!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now