This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Childcare/playschemes (for child) for private school terms?

(3 Posts)
lechatnoir Tue 22-Jan-13 21:17:47

Quite a few private schools near us run holidays camps - have you checked to see if hers will? If not a childminder could probably help just make it clear she's 8+ as the rules about ratios, paperwork etc are far more relaxed so it shouldn't have to affect their day-to-day business. I have 9 year old twins in a similar situation & mum just gives me the dates she needs me and I book them in - it's great for me as it's a bit of extra cash without worrying about going over my numbers or charging retainer, no obs or assessments to complete and the younger ones love it when they are here (& they love coming as they really regress & get to play properly IYKWIM) .

NickNacks Tue 22-Jan-13 21:08:08

A childminder?

Debaura22 Tue 22-Jan-13 20:59:54

My child may be getting a bursary to attend a local private school. The one big thing standing in the way is childcare for her whilst I am still at work. She is 8 and I work in a state school so the dates of the terms will be different. I have checked out Camp Energy, Oxford Active and Super Camps. All these start after the private schools end and finish way b4 the schools start back!! Can anyone lead me in the right direction for assistance please? Must be Ofsted Registered. Thanks in advance

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now