This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

How to find a CM

(4 Posts)
Twinklestarstwinklestars Mon 21-Jan-13 08:10:07

Have you asked the school office? They will probably know which mums/dads are childminders or which childminders pick up already.

Your local fis should also be able to filter on schools.

Have you put an add on childcare.co.uk? I found 2 of my mindees on there by replying to ads.

nannynick Sun 20-Jan-13 22:21:52

Try contacting your local Family Information Service, typically run by your local/county council.

No, not all CMs will provide meals. Some will, some won't, so ask them about it. However I expect your priority is to find a CM who will pickup from your dd's school, so find people who do that first, then ask those people about evening snack/meal arrangements.

ZooAnimals Sun 20-Jan-13 22:20:19

If you contact your local council they should have a list of registered childminders in your area. Or ask around at your DD's school, you could even ask in the office at the school, they may be able to help you.

Some CM's give DC's dinner, some a light tea, some just snacks, it depends and you need to ask individual childminders.

Dancergirl Sun 20-Jan-13 22:17:11

I have tried childcare.co.uk but all the CMs on there don't seem to pick up at my dds' school. I need to find someone quite urgently.

Also, do CMs normally give an evening meal if they are there till 6pm? I spoke to one today and she doesn't normally, just a sandwich. Her own children are young so I was wondering when they eat.... I don't want to have to start feeding my dds when we get home.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now