This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

How did you find your nanny?

(8 Posts)
fraktion Mon 21-Jan-13 22:09:56

www.nannyjob.co.uk has always been good for us. I wouldn't bother with an agency as things stand as you have to double check their work anyway.

Bass27 Mon 21-Jan-13 11:52:53

Hi Roxie,

I think I have sent you a private message.

r1993 Sun 20-Jan-13 23:51:03

I'm a qualified nanny in Wandsworth if this helps when are you hoping for someone to start as ill be looking for a family around July at the earliest.
Roxie

2plus1 Sun 20-Jan-13 20:47:50

To add to nannynicks comment about choosing an agency that is a member of a professional assocation - we did just that and had a poor service. It seems that the advertised REC membership was not valid and they still were advertising this for 9 months after they discontinued it. As said before, anyone can run an agency and in this case it is someone who has no prior experience of nannies and childcare agency business. The agency does cover London too.

Best experience was recruiting ourselves via childcare.co.uk

nannynick Sun 20-Jan-13 18:48:30

Some Mumsnetters may be along later to suggest agencies that they have used in the past. Keep in mind that some people may have a good experience with an agency, yet another may have not so good an experience. So talk with the agencies and see who you get on best with and who you feel is able to best help you.

Bass27 Sun 20-Jan-13 18:39:18

Thank you very much.

nannynick Sun 20-Jan-13 18:33:37

I'm a nanny not an employer. How people find nannies varies, of my last 3 jobs, two were via an agency and one was via NannySelect website.

If you want to use an agency, then keep in mind that agencies in England are not regulated, anyone can run one. So perhaps look at agencies that are members of professional associations, such as ANA and REC.

Bass27 Sun 20-Jan-13 18:22:41

I'm looking for a nanny in South West London and wondered which nanny agencies people used to find one? Need some advice please!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now