This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Nanny Rates?

(9 Posts)
vix20002a Mon 21-Jan-13 23:28:49

sorry for delayed reply, I have taken the job on a CM basis but will do early and late hours in their home. So we have come to a mutal agreement that suits us both. Thanks for the help and advice.

nannynick Fri 18-Jan-13 22:31:02

Salary chart? Maybe you mean the annual survey that is done by NW/NannyTax. It comes out in January, so we may see one later this month. Meanwhile Salary Survey 2012 can be seen here (NurseryWorld).

That's not what you want to look at though... it's real jobs, currently being advertised that you want to look at. See the link I posted at 22:19 for jobs in Yorkshire/Humber area.

vix20002a Fri 18-Jan-13 22:27:39

I've just looked on Nanny job but their salary chart is for 2011. Has it not changed in 2 years?

ZooAnimals Fri 18-Jan-13 22:23:38

I agree with Nick, you're unlikely to be able to be self employed as a nanny if you're doing a regular job. The only way a nanny can really be self employed is of they're doing cover work, so they decide where they go/when, what hour they work, how much they charge etc.

nannynick Fri 18-Jan-13 22:19:59

Would you be self employed for that? Whilst you are SE as a childminder, being a nanny is different. If they are wanting you one day a week, every week, at times they dictate, doing activities they dictate, I would reckon you are an employee.

Nannies would pay their own insurance, CRB, training, first aid... so no difference there in my view. So not a factor in my view that makes the job SE.

The topic of SE vs Employee comes up a lot, have a look through past message threads about this. It isn't as simple as you or them deciding that you are self employed.

With regard to salary, look at adverts for similar jobs in the area. £10 gross per hour I feel is a ball park figure UK wide for someone with plenty of childcare experience. Looking at NannyJob: Yorkshire/Humber it looks like £7-£10 gross, though as ever a lot of ads do not give a salary.

vix20002a Fri 18-Jan-13 21:56:37

Thanks for the replies. Yorkshire, one day a week (9 hours), 3 children but 1 at school and 1 nursery morning session, on a self employed basis and paying my own expenses (insurance, training, crb, first aid etc).

nannyof3 Fri 18-Jan-13 21:42:44

Depends on your area, hours, net or gross, how many children, 1 family or nanny share?

ZooAnimals Fri 18-Jan-13 21:42:30

Whereabouts are you? It will differ massively depending on location. If you look on nannyjob you should be able to get an idea if what people in your area are willing to pay/wanting to be paid.

vix20002a Fri 18-Jan-13 21:37:13

I am a registered CM but also on all the voluntary OFSTED register. I have been offered some PT work an a nanny basis in their home. I am pretty clueless as to a reasonable hourly rate foe nannying and wondered if anyone more experienced can help me? Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now