This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Back up plan incase it snows (some ideas please, thank you!)

(10 Posts)
MUM2BLESS Thu 17-Jan-13 14:11:00

Heard talk about snow tomorrow. Not sure if I will be cm ding , but just incase..

I could make play dough for the kids to take home. Made five lots the other day.

What have you got planned that you don't mind sharing.

Thank you

If I am not cm 'ding I will catch up with my paperwork.

minderjinx Thu 17-Jan-13 14:53:57

I'm not supposed to be working tomorrow, so was hoping to catch up on paperwork, though this will all go to pot if the schools are closed!

MUM2BLESS Thu 17-Jan-13 20:59:30

Thank you so much.

Lets see what happens.......hmm

fivesacrowd Thu 17-Jan-13 21:34:51

Think snow's going to miss us here hopefully, but I was thinking if it does snow tomorrow we'll make loads of paper snowflakes to stick to windows and cupcakes with the snowmen on the top that I forgot to use at Christmas. Just hope mindees come with appropriate clothing - it was minus 2 this morning and one turned up without a vest or hat or gloves or wellies!

anewyear Fri 18-Jan-13 12:07:47

Schools are closing and parents coming home early so no kids here after school, apart my own of course and they should be home shortly..

minderjinx Fri 18-Jan-13 13:55:00

I am getting nothing done today. Had to walk to fetch my little one home = over an hour in total. Now trying to sort out how to get my eldest home. School closed an hour after the bus company suspended operations and he is now trying to get to the train. My car is a big mound of snow outside our front door - don't fancy trying to dig it out, or driving in this lot after that!

HSMM Fri 18-Jan-13 15:31:32

DH had to go and collect DD from school when the bus company decided they were not returning children! The mindees have had great fun in the snow and made a snow robot.

goldie81 Fri 18-Jan-13 22:20:39

Had fun in snow but also made melted snowman biscuits- digestive, ice then stick marshmallow on top. Use icingpens 2draw arms on top White icing on biscuit & eyes mouth on marshmallow. Kids love!!

HSMM Sat 19-Jan-13 09:34:07

One of my mindees was collected in a plastic bread basket which the man in the corner shop had donated to his dad to make into a sled. His dad was the huskey with a rope around him and the little lad was sat up leaning on his changing bag. It was great.

MUM2BLESS Tue 22-Jan-13 20:52:38

Thank you everyone.

School closed early on Friday. Did pick up from school rushed to shops to get some stuff then did pre school pick up. All went well. Made playdough with some of the kids.

School closed yesterday (monday). Childminder for less than an hour, mum had to collect kids.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now