This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Hello, new childminder here needing advice.

(9 Posts)
minderjinx Wed 16-Jan-13 07:25:06

I feed everyone who is here at mealtimes. I charge the same as school (£1.90) and it's very popular with parents as they can then eat later (and have a takeaway if they like!).

HSMM Tue 15-Jan-13 19:50:45

Also think about how it might work if you take on other children who will have dinner after they leave. Do they have to watch the first ones eat?

twinky Tue 15-Jan-13 19:39:28

Thanks everyone for your responses. I charge 4 pounds an hour for after school care and the mum would like me to give the children a hot meal. Since it seems to be fairly standard I think I' 'll go with 2 pounds and see what she says. Thanks again.

ReetPetit Tue 15-Jan-13 15:56:06

i don't charge for meals and don't know anyone who does - although i think it depends on the hours you are doing - if it's a school pick up for example but the parent wants a cooked meal for more than one child - it would be reasonable to charge, I think. I would think £2 per meal, per child would be reasonable if it's for one cooked meal a day...

Runoutofideas Tue 15-Jan-13 14:45:00

I charge £5 per hour and include food, although I am thinking of charging £2 for tea for children who only come after-school - (they tend to be there for the least amount of time and eat the most!)

Flisspaps Tue 15-Jan-13 14:17:34

I include meals and snacks in my standard rate of £3 per hour. I don't charge less if people provide their own meals.

calmlychaotic Tue 15-Jan-13 14:12:28

I used to charge £2 per day and no one complained, I have moved tea time earlier to 4.30 now and decided to include in price because easier for me to just feed everyone.

ZuleikaD Tue 15-Jan-13 13:39:28

It can vary widely depending on how much your daily fee is. I don't charge for meals because I charge £52 a day. How much are you asking for as a rate?

twinky Tue 15-Jan-13 12:56:27

Hello ladies. Some time ago you were all very helpful giving me advice on becoming a childminder and I'm happy to say I'm finally registered. I had a potential client visit yesterday and she asked if I could provide dinner for her children. I'm happy to do so but wondered what do you charge normally for meals?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now