Note: Please bear in mind that this is a discussion board, not a place to advertise childcare vacancies or recruit childminders/nannies etc. We don't mind the odd mumsnet regular mentioning that they're looking for a job/mindee (although you're probably better off in MN Local) but repeated job "ads" and posts from nanny/babysitting agencies aren't fair to people who are paying for small business ads. Do feel free to report any you see. Thanks, MNHQ.

Inspection due- help!!!

(5 Posts)
goldie81 Fri 11-Jan-13 14:53:00

Hi, I've been cm for 4& half yrs & got my next inspection due! Anyone got any hints & tips on what they're cracking down on at mo??!

Runoutofideas Fri 11-Jan-13 16:11:32

I had mine in October and the only comments I had were about getting parental input and opinion. I have a questionnaire which I ask the parents to complete annually, as well as a space in the learning diary for parents to add any comments. The questionnaires are completed but no-one has added any comments. The inspector wanted some sort of mechanism for me to record what the children have achieved at home, development wise. She also suggested I send story sacks home and ask parents to complete a form about how the child got on with the story. This all seemed too much like homework for 2 year olds to me - so I just nodded and chose to ignore! I got "good" - apparently doing the above would have gained me "outstanding".

calmlychaotic Fri 11-Jan-13 22:36:31

my inspection in September, as above sending 'homework' which I don't do, also massive focus on getting children(under 2's really!) input on self evaluation. and being inclusive, specifically celebrating religious festivals and learning about disabilities.

goldie81 Sat 12-Jan-13 18:42:47

Ok great thanks! Yes I'm not sending homework home!! The parents wouldn't do anyway!!

Hi - www.childmindingpaperwork.co.uk might be useful to you if you're expecting an inspection - lots of good feedback on the site.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now