This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Anyone on here who stop CM, if so, do you resign your registration

(5 Posts)
looneytune Fri 11-Jan-13 10:28:03

I'm due to stop childminding soon but my insurance is paid up until September so I won't resign until then. But then even then, I'm unsure as to whether I should maybe keep my registration going in case I decide to go back to childminding after all? (wouldn't want to have to go through all the registration process again like my friend did!)

Just wondered what other childminders have done? Did any of you think you were finished for good and then went back to it?

ZuleikaD Fri 11-Jan-13 11:14:09

I'm stopping for six months maternity leave next month, and will be keeping up my registration (though getting a refund on my insurance) because it's a pain going through it all again.

SouthernPolish Fri 11-Jan-13 11:30:10

I stopped 18 months ago and deregistered to save paying out for fees / stuff - really really reeeeeeally regret doing that! At the time I thought I wanted to try doing something else, but it hasn't worked out and I actually really missed being a CM.

It has cost me almost £650 to re-do training, check etc, as my ICP and other previous training counted for nothing. I was forced to do CYPOP5 (almost exactly the same as ICP).

If you can afford to keep paying insurance etc for a while, don't de-register and keep your hand in somehow. I'd hold fire until you are 100% SURE.

MrAnchovy Fri 11-Jan-13 13:33:47

Get a refund on your insurance, the only thing you need to keep up is your Ofsted registration fee and your first aid training and you can do this for 3 years before Ofsted can take steps to cancel your registration.

looneytune Sun 03-Feb-13 10:01:01

Thanks all and sorry for not coming back sooner (forgot all about this! lol)

I'll get a refund on my insurance then smile Luckily 1st Aid not due until March next year so I'm ok for a bit. And I'll just pay the Ofsted fee when it comes through, think it's worth keeping my options open. Thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now