This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Need Help Please Creating Contract

(5 Posts)
NannyPlumIsMyMum Thu 10-Jan-13 21:14:08

Hi all .
We are employing a Mothers Help for 20 hours a month .

We have never done this before - we have interviewed and chosen our person (after 3 months of serious looking ).

But now I need some help in drawing up a contract please - her hours and days are variable each week but she will have her hours a month in advance.

Any tips or advice would be really appreciated smile.

fraktion Thu 10-Jan-13 22:09:36

Try the one on www.nannyjob.co.uk - the ANA one rather than the nannyjob standard. Alternatively contact www.bapn.org.uk and see if there's would be suitable.

Gross salary is vital for you and you may want to calculate holiday on an accrual basis.

NannyPlumIsMyMum Fri 11-Jan-13 19:59:18

Thankyou , I am getting there I think !

Karoleann Sat 12-Jan-13 08:26:10

I cut and pasted the one on nanny job and the one on best bear to suit my needs.

Remember to add anything to the instant dismissal section that is really important to you. I added smoking, being convicted of a traffic offense, putting the children at risk.

You may also need to add to the section for deduction to be made from wages, so for holidays taken but not accrued, changing locks if door keys not returned.

I would also put SSP (statutory sick pay) only in the contract, if she is then ill, you can always pay her, but are not obliged to pay more than you can claim back.

NannyPlumIsMyMum Wed 16-Jan-13 21:51:36

They are really good points , thanks Karol - the smoking thing is why I have finished using my childminder !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now