This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Where would be a good place to seek part time help in the school holidays for my DC?

(8 Posts)
BluelightsAndSirens Wed 30-Jan-13 22:05:30

Thank you for your help I will start looking at our local college and at the NI payments.

insancerre Sat 12-Jan-13 16:01:03

Some colleges have a jobsite on their intranet where you can advertise part time jobs.
Or you could put up a poster on their notice board.
Contact your nearest colleges and ask them.

Karoleann Sat 12-Jan-13 08:29:50

I used a teaching student last year, she was excellent, we found her on gumtree. Tax etc was easy, we filled in a student employees form on the HMRC customs website.
I have to pay her NI in one lump sum in April when I fill in her/my end of year. You would need to register with HMRC as an employer, but I found it very straighforward

calmlychaotic Fri 11-Jan-13 19:19:26

ooo that made me sound all posh and important! ha ha 15 a month I'm clueless and its worth it!

calmlychaotic Fri 11-Jan-13 19:18:18

they didn't earn enough to pay tax, but I think they did pay NI. I have accountant who sorts it.

BluelightsAndSirens Tue 08-Jan-13 22:29:20

Thank you calmly, did you pay tax NI on top of minimum wage or pay the agency to handle it for you?

calmlychaotic Tue 08-Jan-13 22:03:39

I got a student to help me last summer, found on childcare.co.uk no idea about costs, I just paid minimum wage, but they really didn't have to do much with me.

BluelightsAndSirens Tue 08-Jan-13 22:00:47

I'm looking to find some one help look after my 3 older DC in the school holidays 5 days a week for 6 hours per day.

I haven't been lucky enough to find a CM in our local area that can take all 3, is there other ways to find help and how much on average would a weeks worth of care be?

Thanks in advance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now