This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

can I terminate my cm contract with immediate effect

(89 Posts)
filibear Sat 05-Jan-13 07:47:46

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

bigkidsdidit Sat 05-Jan-13 13:14:30

I found a CM within 2 days on childcare.co.uk. Could you Phone in sick and do that? Not great behaviour at work but I would do it in this case

Blondeshavemorefun Sat 05-Jan-13 14:16:22

as others have said, if you are that unhappy with her care then you remove immediately and find other childcare - if need be then a temp nanny - yes more costly then a cm but will give you time

i dont think you can leave dc there while you find childcare yet then say you fear for his safety

sorry know my reply is no help sad

filibear Sat 05-Jan-13 15:18:39

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

calmlychaotic Sat 05-Jan-13 21:51:17

i took mine out of nursery with no notice, similar reasons to yours, i arranged a meeting with the manager gave her my concerns in writing and agreed to pay 2 weeks instead of 4 which she was happy to do. hope you get alternatve sorted soon, please dont let this put you off childminders most are lovely. 5 hours betwen nappy changes wow, thats awful

Lala29 Sat 05-Jan-13 23:12:59

I am so sorry to hear that nothing has improved. Just imagining myself in your situation and it makes me even more grateful for the childminder we have found. They are out there!

My DD has lots of accidents at the CM, but we are always told exactly how they happened and she is no different at home, just an extremely active 15 month old, who thinks she is one of the big kids! But if I wasn't told repeatedly about how accidents happen, I would be asking what she is doing when she should be watching my child. The incident with the airfreshener is really bad as. An unchanged nappy, after 5 hours! Your poor son!

As others have said, I would write a complaint and cc OFSTED in. I would also withdraw immediately, call in sick and find emergency childcare until you managed to find a more permanent solution.

Good luck and let us know how you get on. Your CM should be named and shamed and certainly reported I think.

filibear Mon 07-Jan-13 07:53:25

ReetPetit Mon 07-Jan-13 09:50:08

good luck filibear. let us know what response you get from (rubbish) childminder wink

filibear Mon 07-Jan-13 10:02:15

anewyear Mon 07-Jan-13 17:25:02

Op if you dont mind me asking, how old is your son?
I could only see you were thinking of putting him in Nursery when he is 3.
Is he 3/or nearly yet?
Was just wondering, If so (not that it helps the with the situation your in at the moment) would he be anywhere near enough/ready to be toilet/potty trained yet?
Just a thought I had..

filibear Mon 07-Jan-13 17:34:07

anewyear Mon 07-Jan-13 17:41:48

Ahh little bit young for all that then. Bless him.

filibear Wed 09-Jan-13 15:40:06

MaryPoppinsBag Wed 09-Jan-13 16:24:32

How the fuck did he get burnt?

filibear Wed 09-Jan-13 16:32:08

MaryPoppinsBag Wed 09-Jan-13 16:38:44

sad
How awful I would be mortified if it happened to my own child let alone a mindee. You have to be so vigilant.

Have you been able to find a new minder?
Please don't think that we are all like that.
Because there are some wonderful minders out there.

I agree with you not your DH.
Personally I don't like nurseries but it would be a million times better than where he is now.

filibear Wed 09-Jan-13 16:41:52

MaryPoppinsBag Wed 09-Jan-13 16:45:22

You have to make sure your DH knows how unacceptable the injuries are. And that it is in his best interest to change provider.

You really cannot leave him there.

(can't remember whether you have reported her or not)

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 09-Jan-13 18:29:06

accidents happen but usually the cm/nanny etc will know what happened and explain to you

the fact your cm doesnt know what happened or prob didnt even reliese till you pointed it out is awful shock

and cant beleive your dh wants him to stay there hmm

minderjinx Wed 09-Jan-13 18:49:36

Why do you think the small blister on DS's wrist is a burn? If there is nothing around at the childminders that he could have burned himself on, maybe it is an allergic reaction or some sort of infection. If you really believe your child has been burned, I think you should get a proper medical opinion on this before the evidence disappears.

filibear Wed 09-Jan-13 18:59:43

ReetPetit Wed 09-Jan-13 20:26:42

omg filibear shock it just gets worse for you and your ds!!
when did the burn happen? did you take him back after having removed him? did the cm know you had removed him from her care?

sorry but what the hell is your dh playing at. a move really doesn't matter in the scheme of things, what matters is your child's safety and health. he is not safe with this carer. i would go against what my dh said in your situation, i would not take him back there.

he will be fine at a nursery, and he will attach to another carer. there are some excellent cms out there, you have just got a crap one.

i really feel for you. can you put an ad on here? see if any mumsnet childminders are local to you?

laughinglikeadrain Wed 09-Jan-13 20:58:33

what will happen if you remove him and then not pay.

she will take you to the small claims court for breach of contract. You will have a chance to have your say in front of a judge, But if it goes against you, you will have a CCJ against you.

BTW I think you should whip him out of there NOW and worry about complications later.

Your job is also a complication.... i would love to see their argument at a tribunal!

ReetPetit Thu 10-Jan-13 14:38:29

whats happening filibear? have you been sending ds to the cm. hope he and you are ok sad

filibear Fri 11-Jan-13 20:52:14

InNeatCognac Fri 11-Jan-13 21:02:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now