This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Diet for vegetarian mindee

(4 Posts)
ZuleikaD Sat 05-Jan-13 17:42:04

Cheers guys as always for the help. :-)

nextphase Sat 05-Jan-13 07:20:01

Yep, the dry patches made me think of eczema also, but a vegan toddler may be hard to feed. If it were my child, I'd try a gentle moisturiser like aveeno as a first call. Not sure what you can do with a mindee??

Sorry, its a nethuns link, but this is quite informative on what foods to include every day.

AntsMarching Sat 05-Jan-13 07:07:15

From eczema triggers :

FOOD TRIGGERS
Certain foods can trigger or exacerbate eczema in people who have a genetic tendency for allergies. Cow's milk, egg, soy, wheat, peanut, nuts, fish and cashew are the most common foods that can provoke a flareup of itchy, eczema rash. The symptoms may occur within an hour of eating the offending food, and the rash may last for days. Specifically, milk, eggs and peanuts can provoke flareups of eczema in babies as young as 4 months old. According to a 2008 study published in "Current Allergy and Asthma Reports," babies who are highly sensitive to milk and eggs are more likely to have severe eczema that persist through childhood.

ZuleikaD Sat 05-Jan-13 06:33:33

I have a vegetarian mindee and often she has little patches of eczema on her face and elsewhere. She's been with me for a few months but I'm a bit concerned that this might be to do with her diet - I'm not vegetarian myself and I struggle a bit with knowing what she ought to be having. She's not allowed fish either, so I try to include lots of pulses (particularly hummus etc), eggs and cheese for protein. I've asked her mother specifically if there's anything she'd like me to include or have less of but she was happy with the food. Does anyone know of a good resource for a vegetarian toddler diet (she's 14m) I could consult, just to check I'm covering the bases? She has lots of fruit and veg, obviously.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now