This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Am I looking for something that exists?

(9 Posts)
ohfunnyhoneyface Fri 04-Jan-13 20:55:23

I need childcare next year for my (as yet unborn!) first child. They will be 12 months old.

Ideally, I would like the following: child care for three days a week (same days every week) and from 7-4.

No care needed during the school holidays.

Is this possible- and if so, what are my options?

Thanks in advance!

Chubfuddler Fri 04-Jan-13 21:05:34

A childminder. It's an early start but there are some, and plenty do term time only quite happily because they have people who want holidays only.

ohfunnyhoneyface Fri 04-Jan-13 21:09:33

Thanks chub!

I have done a bit of research and haven't seen any childminders yet who start at 7 but will advertise and see what happens. I could do later- but I am in work by half seven and need to give myself time to get to work etc

Though I'm sure once the baby arrives, all my ideas of normality will quickly change!

Chubfuddler Fri 04-Jan-13 21:11:16

A part time nanny is an alternative but you not wanting holiday cover could be an issue.

Booh Fri 04-Jan-13 21:25:18

That's my ideal times as a childminder. Early finish and term time only means I get to spend holidays / evenings with my own children.

Crazycake Fri 04-Jan-13 21:38:16

What area do you live in? My day starts at 6.30am and term time is perfect as I have some children only in school holidays. I know I'm the only one near me that is willing to start earlier, but keep looking, I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for smile

Crazycake Fri 04-Jan-13 21:45:32

Oh sorry didn't mention, I am a childminder grin

ohfunnyhoneyface Fri 04-Jan-13 21:48:57

Thank you everyone, it's good to go into the search knowing that what you're asking for isn't unreasonable and is on the market!

I'm in Brentwood and will be looking for March 2014. I'm planning on returning on either 2/3 days, depending on how little money I can cope with living on!

Phew- thanks again- you're all very helpful people smile

HSMM Fri 04-Jan-13 21:52:54

And ... ask CMs who advertise an 8am start, because they might be more flexible than their ad suggests.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now