This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Au Pairs and car insurance

(5 Posts)
Looster Sun 06-Jan-13 23:17:26

We found Admiral did the best price - but our au pairs ranged from 24-27 so the age kept the price down. If they are just using car in spare time, but not driving kids around during work hours, make sure insurance company know that. If former, social & domestic is cheaper. If latter, need cover for 'business' usage as well as car being used for their 'job' - more £...

bran Sun 06-Jan-13 20:31:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

nannynick Sun 06-Jan-13 08:23:35

Call a local insurance broker if you haven't already, they may be able to shop around for a policy. Their age, driving license type, driving experience, claims history, type of car, are going to affect the cost.

Newtothisstuff Sun 06-Jan-13 01:44:08

I purposely went for an older aupair because of this issue. Mines 25 and only cost me £50 to put her on mine.
Is it a really new car they will be driving ?? Is there an option to get her a old banger run around ?

Cattmum75 Fri 04-Jan-13 16:04:35

Hi,
Help please, au pairs arrived, only just getting round to getting car insurance.
Quote is 1500 double what Ive been paying.
Outrageous price or won't even insure.
Shall I not bother? Its going to be difficult to ask her to go by train, but is possible....
Very stressed about it at the mo....
C x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now