This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Ofsted intention to remove conditons of registration - have you got this letter?

(11 Posts)
MUM2BLESS Fri 04-Jan-13 22:40:44

thank you

HSMM Fri 04-Jan-13 21:55:49

You don't have to reply. don't worry.

ashley69ly Fri 04-Jan-13 20:02:49

In our area, we got these well before Christmas including new certificates being sent out. You only have to reply if you don't want to accept the changes. If you don't reply within a certain time, OFSTED just send out a new certificate which states that you have to fullfil the conditions of the Revised EYFS, rather than have conditions listed on it, i.e mine no longer says that i can care for 6 children under 8 etc. It means that you no longer have to get permission from OFSTED to provide overnight care or to go over your numbers in a certain age group as long as you are working according to the conditions in the revised EYFS. It means you can do these things if you choose to but you dont have to,

fudgesmummy Fri 04-Jan-13 17:52:57

should have added section 3 in the statutory framework for the eyfs book

fudgesmummy Fri 04-Jan-13 17:52:00

under the revised eyfs we can now grant our own variations for numbers with out having to ask ofsted for permission.Section 3 (from paragraph 3.39) sets out the ratios and circumstances allowed.

MUM2BLESS Fri 04-Jan-13 17:34:20

anewyear what will happen if you do not reply as you need to fill in an acceptance form or write to appeal. I thought you had to one of them.

So if I agree with the form its up to me if I want to have overnight care etc? Am I right in thinking this?

Thanks for the comments

anewyear Fri 04-Jan-13 16:05:17

Im Herts, I received mine a couple days ago..
Im just going to ignore it and carry on as I was before as Im satisfied Im doing things as I should be..

MUM2BLESS Fri 04-Jan-13 11:46:02

Runoutofideas Not sure if all cms have this. I am in Hertfordshire.

You may need to contact Ofsted. It really enables cms to have more options open to them.....

Anyone else had this letter.

HSMM thanks

Runoutofideas Fri 04-Jan-13 08:49:33

I haven't received one yet - should I have?

HSMM Thu 03-Jan-13 22:32:47

I have it. If you choose not to do something (like overnight) that's fine. It's only really extra stuff parents need to agree to (ie starting over nights, taking on a sibling as an extra child, etc).

MUM2BLESS Thu 03-Jan-13 21:28:58

Got to fill in a form and return to say I accept the revised conditions.

Will be allowed to assess for myself the number and ages of children I may care for and whether or not I will provide over night care.......

It states that I must make sure the parents of the children you care for are aware of those arrangements.

Just wondering, if for example I am allowed to do over night, but choose not to do I still need to let the parents know? or is this up to me what I advertise for? does this make sense?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now