This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Nanny/serious au pair for Germany

(5 Posts)
Elephantsneverforget Thu 03-Jan-13 10:55:28

Great start to the New Year - my nanny has just resigned! We need live-in childcare but working hours are limited to before/after school, and full-time in the holidays so we don't need a fully-qualified Norland type anymore, more someone who can help with homework like a language undergraduate on year off or someone wanting to go into teaching etc...... Does anyone have any tips for childcare agencies that deal with this type of applicant?

iluvkids Thu 03-Jan-13 11:42:51

Me! Where in Germany are you? How old are the children?

Will PM you

Mrshoney Fri 04-Jan-13 11:54:48

Hi this is the first time I have posted but I'm in a similar position. Me and DH have decided that are only option for the childcare we need is to get an au pair. We have some reservations but think when looking at costs it is the most sensible. We have been trauling au pair world and had many applications for the job my problem is I need someone yesterday smile and all though many interested I'm still waiting for the perfect one to tell me to book her flight !!! Have you ever considered an au pair ?

Elephantsneverforget Mon 07-Jan-13 08:50:38

We have thought about au pairs, but the problem has always been that we need someone capable of sole-charge/proxy parenting and also able to cope with homework. The internet sites seem to be full of very inexperienced people. The classic nanny agencies (which we have used previously) don't seem to deal with this 'less qualified' category... Very frustrating.

iluvkids Mon 07-Jan-13 11:02:56

http://www.felicity-nannies.de/

will take a job like yours on their books

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now