This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

how do I approach this with cm - nappy changes

(35 Posts)
Filibear Wed 02-Jan-13 20:28:55

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

I worried changing my little one at 18mths when he had been with cm for 9mths but actually what I did was increase nursery to 2 days and took husband and I took 3weeks worth of the other 2 days off as annual leave to settle him with new minder before he started properly and yeah he cried first 2 days (he does split week as only days she had) and settled quickly now 10mths on he prefers cm to nursery in fact last 2 days has said no nursery go "x" so he will be pleased tommorow is a cm day

ReetPetit Thu 03-Jan-13 21:32:38

don't worry about moving him, young children are very adaptable. i have had children of mine go to other cms when i have gone on maternity leave twice, and they have all settled really well within days. i have also taken on other cms children for similiar reasons and again,it's been fine.
don't beat yourself up about it. you can not leave him there now, not knowing what you know. take comfort in that he is secure and has been happy there, if he has settled once, he will do so again. but she is being very neglectful and that is a real worry.

izzyhasanewchangeling Thu 03-Jan-13 21:34:20

Move him. I wouldnt leave mine there, how awful for him/.

I pulled my eldest out of nursery on the spot, because I heard one of the nursery nurses shouting at the children, and she wasnt even shouting at mine.

eleanorrubysmummy Thu 03-Jan-13 21:34:31

How would dh feel if ds were to deveolp an infection due to nappy rash?? Or if he were to fall & hurt himself whilst cm was Twittering????? crikey, that's why kids need Mums!!! I'm sure he would be fine but trust your gut.....if you're worried now, it'll increase. sad

HSMM Thu 03-Jan-13 22:29:22

If a parent asked me to change a sore child regularly due to nappy rash, I would do exactly as they asked.

redandwhitesprinkles Thu 03-Jan-13 22:40:24

I change my own kids every 3 hours and I am quite lax. I would be worried about the twitter addiction. My kids have enough benign neglect while I -- mn-- clean without the carers I pay to look after them ignoring them in favour of their phone.

Blondeshavemorefun Thu 03-Jan-13 22:46:55

Your poor ds sad he obv isn't being changed enough and being in same nappy for 4.5hrs when has nappy rash is shock

Regards twitter / I'm not on it but sure she can pop a quick tweet on it - just like us nannies and cm may reply on here while working

Either way you are not happy with the care so yes move ds. He will be fine and bond with his new Carer

In her defence I will say there is a boy I nanny for every now and again and he has a very healthy diet (tons of fruit and veg)and poos regularly and when teething he literally gets a very sore bum within minutes and I've been known to change a few times an hour and still sore sad

doughnut44 Thu 03-Jan-13 22:52:36

I am a CM and I have a child who is sent home with poo on his vest almost daily - not down to my nappy changing - just the childs poo. I change nappies as and when needed, before playgroups, before leaving playgroup, after lunch/before nap, and around 4pm.
I don't do twitter but if the children are asleep I will go on facebook or check my messages. I refuse to get an ipod type phone as it's too tempting to check things. As for eleanorrubysmummys comment about kids needing mums - I can't begin to tell you how many mums are at playgroups and even music sessions where they are supposed to interact with their children, that are faffing about on their blooming phones.
You are obviously not happy with your cm so I would recommend you change asap.

Lala29 Thu 03-Jan-13 23:08:14

My childminder barely has time to respond to texts, let alone be on twitter all day! Please don't beat yourself up about this and don't let your DH talk you out of changing. Mistakes happen, we can never predict what people will be like. She is caring for the most precious thing in your life. If you can't trust her on a simple thing like nappy changing, bigger issues are likely to follow.
I am sure your son will settle in a different environment just as easily. Good luck

filibear Fri 04-Jan-13 09:13:15

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now