This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childminders- over 5's equivalent to a learning journey?

(4 Posts)
MrAnchovy Wed 02-Jan-13 23:50:57

The only learning/developmental requirements for CMs are in the EYFS, there is no equivalent for older children.

Runoutofideas Wed 02-Jan-13 19:00:33

I don't do any paperwork for over 5's either - except for contracts obviously. I occasionally email photos if we've done something particularly interesting, but Ofsted were quite happy with it at my last inspection a few months ago.

apotomak Wed 02-Jan-13 17:40:05

I don't do anything paperwork wise for over 5's. I do take photos I email them to parents every now and then but that's about it.

12ylnon Wed 02-Jan-13 17:35:07

I'm about to take on a 6 year old (first mindee) and suddenly had a thought- is it compulsory to have a equivalent to a learning journey for over 5's? I think i'll probably do something similar to it, but obvs wont link it to eyfs, but is it something that Ofsted will be looking for? They didn't seem the slightest bit interested in anything other that the EYFS when they inspected me which left me a bit confused about the expectations for the provision of over 5s. I find the childcare register leg. a bit vague and now can't find a copy of it online!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now