This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childminding, EYFS Documentation insight needed

(9 Posts)
mihussain Mon 31-Dec-12 10:59:03

Thank you to everyone that has filled in the questionnaire. If you would like any further information on the project, please feel free to send me a message and I will be in touch.

Happy New Year to you all!!

Kind regards,
Imran.

Questionnaire - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?fromEmail=true&formkey=dGJfQ3hzSzZnZ0dlaTRVcDBmbFFCOGc6MQ

mihussain Sat 29-Dec-12 16:29:47

I'm sorry, They should all be there now.

Thanks,
Imran.

Mindingalongtime Sat 29-Dec-12 14:04:09

Counties are still missing!

mihussain Sat 29-Dec-12 12:59:03

Update! - The Errors in the Questionnaire have been fixed, Thank you Mindingalongtime for pointing them out. I am sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks,
Imran.

mihussain Sat 29-Dec-12 11:16:51

Mindingalongtime I am sorry that you feel this way, the errors in the questionnaire were not intentional, I can assure you I am genuinely in need of feedback for my project. I have sent you a message.

Thank You HSMM, for completing the survey, After speaking to a few childminders, I was under the impression such systems were popular among childminders. So I added such questions to find out why people were using them and how i could potentially make my system unique in comparison.

I greatly appreciate your feedback and will be using it as part of my research.

Thank you very much.

Imran.

HSMM Sat 29-Dec-12 10:31:36

Mindingalongtime - does your age end in a 5 grin

I completed your questionnaire, but it does seem to assume that we use a package/system already, rather than just doing it ourselves, which many CMs do.

My ideal system would be one where I can throw photos, observations, daily diaries, receipts, invoices, daily registers etc into. In return, the system will come out in password accessed files where I can see what I need to, parents can see what they should have access to, my termly assessments for the children (which include info for the 2 yr check) and my tax return figures can be clearly seen at the end of the year.

I do all this myself at the moment.

Mindingalongtime Sat 29-Dec-12 06:32:41

Unfortunately your survey is flawed, my age is not in any of your age bands and you have excluded my county of residence, any particular reason you don't require my input?

I regret that leads me to doubt your credibility and has this been approved by MNHQ?

calmlychaotic Fri 28-Dec-12 21:04:06

I have done your survey, it sounds interesting, if you want to message me on here I would be happy to talk more about it.

mihussain Fri 28-Dec-12 18:57:01

Hello Everyone,

I hope you've all had a great Christmas! My name is Imran, and I am a student, in my final year of a BSc(Hons) Web Design course. I am currently working on my final year project which will consist of an Online EYFS Documentation Management System. In order for me to build a System that will greatly benefit both childminders and parents, I need an insight into how you currently document your paperwork, and your opinions, on possible features.

I have created a short questionnaire, to help me gather some information and was hoping if you would be kind enough to take a few minutes out of your day to complete the online questionnaire (link added below) Which, would allow me to design and build a system that would work with the childminders.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?fromEmail=true&formkey=dGJfQ3hzSzZnZ0dlaTRVcDBmbFFCOGc6MQ

I would greatly appreciate your feedback, and if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you very much,
Kind Regards,

Imran.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now