This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CMs - how much expense-wise do you allow for meals and snacks?

(7 Posts)
LingDiLongMerrilyonHigh Fri 21-Dec-12 19:31:12

Thanks so much everyone, I definitely need to allow more then! I might do what you did HSMM and work it out over a week and then use that as a typical figure.

ZuleikaD Thu 20-Dec-12 14:05:11

I allow £4 per day, but as I've normally got very young toddlers they don't eat masses.

I worked it out at about £4.50 per day per child for breakfast, lunch, tea and snacks. However, one of my children is gluten free so that pushes the costs up a little as we have to get gluten free biscuits and snacks and flour for baking etc.

Runoutofideas Thu 20-Dec-12 07:52:27

I go for £2 per meal incl dessert. Don't take off extra for snacks - although maybe I should as we get through half a tonne of fruit!

HSMM Thu 20-Dec-12 07:36:45

I allow £3 per day for lunch and snacks. I worked it out over a period of time and then chose a figure below average, so HMRC can't argue with it. Depends what you feed them really.

lechatnoir Wed 19-Dec-12 22:46:43

I allow 50p/ breakfast, £1.25/lunch & £2.25 per dinner and 50p per snack so £4.50 for a full day which sounds a lot but I spend a small fortune on fruit & veg so don't think it's OTT.

I have calculated breakfast & lunches properly (ie 1 weetabix, 1/4 pint of milk, 1/8 carton of fruit juice etc) but not mustered the energy or enthusiasm to do dinners so be interested to hear other responses. wink

LingDiLongMerrilyonHigh Wed 19-Dec-12 22:07:58

Did you price up a few meals, every meal or do you just guestimate? I think I need to be allowing more, I've just kind of guessed it so far.

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now