Note: Please bear in mind that this is a discussion board, not a place to advertise childcare vacancies or recruit childminders/nannies etc. We don't mind the odd mumsnet regular mentioning that they're looking for a job/mindee (although you're probably better off in MN Local) but repeated job "ads" and posts from nanny/babysitting agencies aren't fair to people who are paying for small business ads. Do feel free to report any you see. Thanks, MNHQ.

Bit worried about the gift I have bought CM for Christmas

(21 Posts)
ReetPetit Thu 27-Dec-12 14:54:21

What was the point Holla ? Really?? hmm

HollaAtMeSanta Sun 23-Dec-12 21:23:09

I think it sounds fine.

By the way folks, the past of "buy" is BOUGHT. Doesn't have an R in it. Brought is the past of "bring".

As you were smile

brought our childminder and her husband a marks spencer large pantonne - been with her 8mths (2 days a week).

last xmas for last childminder we brought her, her husband and son presents and had only been with them 6mths at the time.

Nursery last year (went one day a week) brought keyworker a small smellies type present and box biccies for other nursery workers. This year he has been in his new room (2 days a week) only a 2mths and dont know his keyworker that well or any of the workers that well so I never got around to buying anything (feel a teeny tiny bit guilty but have a more personal relationship with cm)

madbengal Sat 22-Dec-12 02:29:36

Im sure she will be just thrilled you thought of her

calmlychaotic Sat 22-Dec-12 01:56:42

its my first Christmas as a childminder and I didn't really expect to receive anything, I was so overwhelmed with the presents I got today. my ds got quite a few too which I didn't expect. I would be delighted with your gift. a little box chocolates with a nice note on the tag had me in tears! its a lovely gift and you sound lovely too.

ZuleikaD Thu 20-Dec-12 14:02:27

I think it sounds like a lovely present.

whois Thu 20-Dec-12 13:18:58

Even if it doesn't suit her home, she can re-gift to someone else, it's a nice item.

HarderToKidnap Thu 20-Dec-12 06:08:17

Aw thanks guys! Some of you have forgotten your viper credentials...OK, I feel totally reassured, will give her the gift with head held high! It's the sort of thing I'd love to receive myself, but my mother is always very disparaging about "kitchen presents" as in her opinion they aren't presents, and I had visions of CM opening it up on the 25th and being a bit "oh, um, it's eggcups?" But it is the thought that counts I suppose and as I don't know her very well yet that was my thought! And of course I bought for her kids, her younger boy especially adores my son apparently and is really good with him...I would have thought buying for your CMs kids was standard practice really?m Anyway thanks again for the reassuring comments. I'll let you know if she gives me any reactions after Christmas!

Tanith Wed 19-Dec-12 23:05:23

You know what really touched me and brought tears to my eyes?

You remembered her kids.

You are a lovely, lovely person smile

MissCellania Wed 19-Dec-12 22:59:30

I haven't a scooby what Joules is, but it sounds lovely to me. I'm sure she'll bedelighted at the thought anyway.

ReetPetit Wed 19-Dec-12 22:56:57

that sounds lovely! especially as your ds is so new to her.
some parents don't even bother with a xmas card - that's gratitude for ya!!
you sound like you have made an effort which is really nice, and you have even bought her kids chocolate smile

diddlediddledumpling Wed 19-Dec-12 20:44:19

Have a look at this thread
Your gift sounds lovely, useful and thoughtful, and you sound like a good person.

joey99 Wed 19-Dec-12 20:41:17

I saw that in Boots - it's lovely!

BRANdishingMistletoe Wed 19-Dec-12 20:32:03

Sorry, that sounded a bit cynical (because I am cynical, probably). I just meant that if it's not her thing she won't feel that she has to display it on her mantlepiece or anything.

BRANdishingMistletoe Wed 19-Dec-12 20:30:10

It's a lovely gift, and would be easy for her to re-gift if she never eats boiled eggs.

Runoutofideas Wed 19-Dec-12 20:27:03

I'm sure she wouldn't be expecting anything, especially as mindee is so new to her. I would be delighted to receive it!

FoofFighter Wed 19-Dec-12 19:51:17

That sounds lovely smile I am sure she will appreciate it.

Rindercella Wed 19-Dec-12 19:50:40

I think that sounds lovely.

Oh please don't feel wobbly, you've bought a really cute thoughtful gift, she will be thrilled.

I am happy to get a card and box of maltesers, a gift like yours would really delight me.

katieskids Wed 19-Dec-12 19:47:30

I think it's a lovely gift and I would be thrilled to receive it. I am biased though as I'm a Joules fan and my teenage dd is working there for the Christmas period.

HarderToKidnap Wed 19-Dec-12 19:42:58

So it's bought and wrapped now and is probably going to the CM tomorrow unless it gets a terrible reception on here, but I have bought my CM 4 Joules eggcups and egg timer in a little set. I've only know her a short while, DS has only done 1 full day with her (he goes once a week) and tomorrow is his second day and last day before Christmas, and for some reason I feel anxious about the gift. She doesn't have a cute quirky house, it's small and minimalist, and I probably should have just stuck with wine, but these were cute...oh G-d, is it a terrible gift? I've got her kids some chocolate bits. Advice please lovely CMs or those who are buying for CMs...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now