This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Said goodbye to my lovely mindee yesterday, I'm in pieces about it.

(6 Posts)
LingDiLong Mon 10-Dec-12 21:03:17

That's sad but also so lovely. What a lucky little boy to have had that kind of relationship with you and your family. I have one little boy full time and I've only had him since September but I think I'd be heartbroken if he ever left, he's here so much he feels like my 4th child!

blondefriend Sun 09-Dec-12 20:29:07

My favourite nanny from childhood came to my wedding and we still see her every year. End of an era but not end of a relationship.

HSMM Sat 08-Dec-12 11:05:09

My favourite mindee and family left for Australia. His mum and I were crying for most of his last month (not in front of him). She even asked if I could move out there to be their nanny. We're still in touch by email 6 yrs later.

I had one who left me six months ago he was only with me for a year part time, but he changed so much in that year from this shy little boy scared of lots of things, to a happy outgoing boy who somehow got into mine and my families hearts. We still miss him but we speak to his parents regularly and see updates of how he is getting on. His mum and I both cried the day he moved house.

I think it's just down to the intimate relationships you get sometimes with childminding. I also have a mindee who has been with me two and a half years now and it is so strange when she is not here e.g. sickness.

StrawberriesTasteLikeLipsDo Sat 08-Dec-12 09:46:49

Awwthanks thats nice least you will still see him

EleanorGiftbasket Sat 08-Dec-12 09:31:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now