Note: Please bear in mind that this is a discussion board, not a place to advertise childcare vacancies or recruit childminders/nannies etc. We don't mind the odd mumsnet regular mentioning that they're looking for a job/mindee (although you're probably better off in MN Local) but repeated job "ads" and posts from nanny/babysitting agencies aren't fair to people who are paying for small business ads. Do feel free to report any you see. Thanks, MNHQ.

Nanny CV

(6 Posts)
BBMs Fri 07-Dec-12 14:20:37

Thanks for the tips smile

BobbiFleckmann Fri 07-Dec-12 13:33:51

nanny cvs are one of the few places where personal interests and hobbies are really relevant to the job, and also because you're going into someone's house, it's a much more personal thing so your ice skating lessons / knitting / rock climbing is actually interesting to the prospective employer. The agency our current nanny came from had a question on their information sheet asking what the book they were reading is - 99% of them said "jordan's biography" or somesuch, current nanny was Little Women & a history book. I liked that, made her stand out.

fraktion Fri 07-Dec-12 13:29:12

I also have an anonymised template if you want to PM me.

BBMs Fri 07-Dec-12 13:15:06

thank you so much! i PM you smile

nannynick Fri 07-Dec-12 13:01:40

Set it out as per any other CV but for each nanny job put a paragraph about what you did in the role.

If you PMme your email address I can send you a copy of mine to give you an idea of how to set things out.

BBMs Fri 07-Dec-12 12:36:01

Hi there!
I have been working as a nanny for the past 9years but i have never needed a cv because usually i met the people that i worked for through people that already knew me personally... now im at a loss because i dont really have a clue how to put together a "Nanny CV"!
Woul really appreciate if any of you could give me some input smile
Many thanks in advance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now