Note: Please bear in mind that this is a discussion board, not a place to advertise childcare vacancies or recruit childminders/nannies etc. We don't mind the odd mumsnet regular mentioning that they're looking for a job/mindee (although you're probably better off in MN Local) but repeated job "ads" and posts from nanny/babysitting agencies aren't fair to people who are paying for small business ads. Do feel free to report any you see. Thanks, MNHQ.

Advice anyone on claiming tax credit at all for nanny fees ?

(3 Posts)
nannynick Fri 07-Dec-12 11:14:35

Which country are you in? There is a difference between Scotland and England.

When working out the Childcare Cost part of tax credits claim you can include nannies Gross salary and Employers NI. I think you can also include the cost of a payroll company, as it is a cost directly associated with employing someone. See www.hmrc.go.uk/leaflets/wtc5.pdf for more details.
Remember the max weekly claim amount, such as 70% of £300.

BlueyDragon Fri 07-Dec-12 10:05:42

Not the first clue about tax credits, but you can use employers' childcare voucher scheme IF your nanny is OFSTED registered. You only get the first £124 from your gross salary, so there's no tax benefit after that. OFSTED registration costs money and I think your nanny has to be insured too.

fakeblondie Fri 07-Dec-12 10:02:16

fter losing the most amazing CM we had for 10 years (she retired ) we evenyually have found the lovliest nanny for our dd aged 2 .Weve had her for apprx 6 months now and tbh i`m only working to pay new nanny-the way i see it is i chose to have anothr child so need to be 100 % re who takes care of her and this is the only option i`m happy with-i`m just maintaining my 20 years of increments on a fair salary so that one day i might actually get to keep some of it !lol
Anyway as we have less money now i was wondering if maybe i could claim anything as when i declared our cm fees at one point i got some back-only a bit but then i paid less.
Alternatively we are both (dh and i ) entitled to use or buy the childcare vouchers from our employer ?
I no our nanny is registered and everything as she is reg with a good nanny agency, although i found her privately .
Just wondered if it might be worth claiming as i assumed you couldnt for a nanny and cant remember where i got that from .
Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now