This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Nanny who is always off sick!

(51 Posts)
llamallama Fri 07-Dec-12 07:03:47

Is there anything we can do?

We have had our nanny for almost three months now and she has had 12 sick days already!! It's starting to get impossible with my work taking the time off to cover her!

Her contract is sick pay for first week so she is being paid but this rate of sickness is unsustainable for our family. I know we probably can't fire her or anything because she is off sick but this is meaning that a nanny is simply not working for us. Tempted to change arrangements to a childminder or nursery.

My DD has not been sick all year so if she was at a nursery we would have had childcare.

Any advice? I know it's awful and I do feel sorry for her but its really getting difficult! At this rate my annual leave will be gone in 6 months and I won't have actually had a holiday!!

nannykatherine Sun 23-Dec-12 18:52:26

What's wrong with her ? In the last ten years I've had about four sick days at the most ... Most of the professional nannies I know drag them selves in when feeling like death ... The only thing I stay away for is vomiting bugs,. And when I had a quinsy in my throat (brought about by not resting when ill ) so not all nannies go off sick at the slightest spasm .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now