This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

I think we listen to the radio too much ;D

(7 Posts)
Mogandme Thu 06-Dec-12 11:09:02

In the past week DC 5.1 has been heard to sing "I'm sexy and I know it!" while sat on the toilet grin he also told me "Hey, I just met you and this is crazy, here's my number, call me baby" shock and apparently ranks Moves like jagger and mama do the hump as his favourite songs hmm Not sure what my boss thinks to this grin but we definitey have different musical tastes so this is all my fault grin

Blondeshavemorefun Thu 06-Dec-12 13:04:37

Ha ha. I like to have background noise so always have the radio on and at the moment Mb has radio 4 and as she goes to the station we always swap it to heart or magic and then we have a boogie around the kitchen

Once she came back as forgot her phone and there we were dancing crazily to a song from grease and 16mth was copying my arm movements - she almost wet herself with laugher

Ex dc of 7yrs loved darkness and always played cd in the car and song came on beleive in love and he shrieked sang it all much to Mb amusement smile

mysleighscalldtrev Thu 06-Dec-12 13:04:52

Mmmm parents of the children I care for would not be impressed tbh - but then we listen to Classic fm I'm afraid, so that must make me very old fashioned!
At least none of then speak Italian or the Opera could have a lot to answer for!

HSMM Thu 06-Dec-12 14:24:36

I used to listen to the news after the school run and apparently one of the toddlers used to sing 'BBC Radio Two' all the time at home .

nannynick Thu 06-Dec-12 19:11:13

We have the songs from the school nativity Stable Story. YearR child is learning the words.

It's a change from Nursery Rhymes at least.

I prefer the audiobooks like Swallows & Amazons, The Wishing Chair.

I'm currently looking for a good audiobook/drama of A Christmas Carol.

ChildrenAtHeart Thu 06-Dec-12 22:00:25

My dd loves Jessie J and had it on in the car when a certain 'no no' word was uttered and 3yo mindie in the back started singing along! Jessie is now banned lol. As regards having the radio on in the background I don't do this as there has been a lot of research (look on the ICAN website) about this being potentially damaging for young children - not because they may pick up inappropriate words but because it affects children's ability to distinguish sounds as they can't filter out the noise. It can cause attention problems and speech delay apparently (though obviously they'll be word perfect with the lyrics of the Top 40 lol)

andrea29 Fri 07-Dec-12 13:23:13

We definitely listened to the radio too much! My old charge, a boy,4 said randomly "Andrea, you are sexy and you know it " ! I always laugh when I think of it smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now