This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Why don't people have Nannies in the Midlands? They're the perfect solution!

(8 Posts)
MarshmallowCupcake Wed 05-Dec-12 20:22:15

I'm on the border of Leicestershire/Nottinghamshire and saw jobs all the time in Nottingham! But none where I wanted them!

NotAChocolateRaisin Wed 05-Dec-12 14:56:08

Im searching and would leap at any relevant positions in my area (Leicestershire) but it seems like there is a misconception of Nannies being expensive.

Like Derbys say - its cheaper/est for two or more children! (and better)

nannycaz Wed 05-Dec-12 12:29:21

im in derby to currently looking for a new job though smile

Derbys Wed 05-Dec-12 12:23:09

I'm in the midlands and know loads of nannies around here! I think people get put off having a nanny as they think it is an expensive option as they read forums like this that says how expensive nannies are, but in the midlands that's not true. We are a lot cheaper than other forms of childcare if there are 2 or more children.

nannycaz Wed 05-Dec-12 11:58:23

Im a nanny in the midlanda and there does not seen to be many jobs. most midland jobs i see are in northamptonshire and that kind of way. It would be far cheaper for her to have a nanny

NotAChocolateRaisin Wed 05-Dec-12 11:37:09

With a midlands accent? Really? How odd!

CajaDeLaMemoria Wed 05-Dec-12 11:29:26

I used to work as a nanny in the midlands, so some people do have them! I think they just tend to get them from the colleges etc, to pay them less, rather than advertise for them.

I did used to get a lot of calls from down south and London, from parents who wanted a nanny with the midlands accent. They'd even offer to pay extra.

NotAChocolateRaisin Wed 05-Dec-12 11:28:04

The vast majority of Nanny jobs are down south - it must be a cultural thing?
With two or more children, Nannies are the cheapest option plus provide the highest level of care! Plus do errands, longer hours, flexibility...

How come nannies seem to be unknown here?

(my sister goes to nursery 5 days a week for 8 hours at £50 a day = £250 per week. So two children = £500 a week for less hours than a FT Nanny)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now