Note: Please bear in mind that this is a discussion board, not a place to advertise childcare vacancies or recruit childminders/nannies etc. We don't mind the odd mumsnet regular mentioning that they're looking for a job/mindee (although you're probably better off in MN Local) but repeated job "ads" and posts from nanny/babysitting agencies aren't fair to people who are paying for small business ads. Do feel free to report any you see. Thanks, MNHQ.

When to start looking for after school childminder?

(2 Posts)
NickNacks Tue 04-Dec-12 07:02:39

I'm assuming you dont know what school she will be going to yet (we find out about Easter time here) so I usually start receiving calls from around then. You'd be surprised how many people leave it until the 1st september though!

borednotboring Mon 03-Dec-12 22:32:47

DD starts primary school in September, I want to get a childminder for after school care, when do we need to start looking? She is in nursery now, so we won't need the care until September. I'm also trying to agree flexible working, so I might not need 5 days,but on the other hand, I definitely have to get something lined up, so don't want to leave it too long. I think childminders are in demand (N. Cambridge), any advice on when to start looking?

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now