Note: Please bear in mind that this is a discussion board, not a place to advertise childcare vacancies or recruit childminders/nannies etc. We don't mind the odd mumsnet regular mentioning that they're looking for a job/mindee (although you're probably better off in MN Local) but repeated job "ads" and posts from nanny/babysitting agencies aren't fair to people who are paying for small business ads. Do feel free to report any you see. Thanks, MNHQ.

Mindees and illness - advice please.

(5 Posts)
littleoldme Mon 03-Dec-12 22:34:03

Thanks for all your advice everyone . As always you've been really helpful x

ZuleikaD Mon 03-Dec-12 13:05:20

I don't exclude for antibiotics either, only for D&V and then take back 48 hours after the last incident of sickness or diarrhoea.

MrsPotato Mon 03-Dec-12 13:00:33

I also don't exclude for being on antibiotics. As above I look at each case and decide based the symptoms, how contagious, etc.

ReetPetit Mon 03-Dec-12 11:42:19

i don't exclude for antibiotics - i exclude for illness obviously (48 hours for temp/sickness/upset tummy) and would look at each case so if antibiotics were for an ear infection, i wouldn't exclude. it's unlikely antibiotics would be prescribed for any of the things i exclude for anyway!
(apart from infection causing high temp)

littleoldme Mon 03-Dec-12 09:47:33

If a child is in antibiotics for an infection how far into the course do you accept them back into your setting? I'm a CM and tweaking my policies . Tia x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now