This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Just some encouragement to cm's - your doing an awesome job !!!

(33 Posts)
MUM2BLESS Thu 29-Nov-12 13:22:45

I am a cm myself.

I am really amazed at how cms have been pull down recently.

Susan Gregory Ofsted General Director for Education and Early Years has made some very unwelcome comments on c/ms and any other attacks which we've had.*

We know the role we play in the childrens lives
The long hours we have worked
The mountain of paperwork we have gone through or still going through
The joy on the kids faces (today the little one was really laughing)
etc etc etc

Would love to hear from parents who have an awesome cm, and cms.

I will not stop doing what I have been doing for over four years now.

anewyear Fri 07-Dec-12 19:57:36

Flisspaps - My parents say as long as their child is happy, they are happy, and I feel the same as you and Ive only been CM for 4yr 9mths, now that is sad :-(

MUM2BLESS Fri 07-Dec-12 21:25:56

Thank you

lots33 Sat 08-Dec-12 13:10:30

My CM is amazing; she adores my son and he her. I have complete confidence in her. e is also part of her larger family and is loved by her husband and children. I am currently on ml and he still goes part time. I only hope she has space for my daughter too when I return to work.

MUM2BLESS Wed 12-Dec-12 13:13:18

Thank you for your lovely comments parents!!!!!!!

FoxyRevenger Wed 12-Dec-12 19:55:22

You know, I actually clicked into this topic specifically to look for a thread about wonderful childminders and here it is smile

We LOVE our childminder. My DD was her first ever mindee and I can see such a bond between them. I would say she genuinely loves my daughter, and I think DD is lucky to have her. I feel as though she is someone else 'on our side' if you like.

Our son will be going to her too when my mat leave is over; CM and her family were the first people we took him to visit when he was just a few days old and she has held a space for him (for free) since I told her I was pregnant almost a year ago.

She has children older than mine and is always happy to give advice based on when her kids were wee. I see her as a friend, and her whole family are just lovely.

Thanks to all the wonderful CMs! I hope you all know what you mean to families that you do such a fab job.

MUM2BLESS Sun 16-Dec-12 19:46:23

Thank you so much.

Dozer Mon 17-Dec-12 20:48:40

Thank you, thank you lovely CMs thanks

Our lovely CM is patient, smiling, warm, cheery, energetic and soothing. Her children are lovely too (and very good about sharing their toys and mum's time with others). Her home is comfortable and cosy (always a bit of a mess at the end of the day, which I feel bad about!) and she does good things with them, adapting activities to how they are. She writes messages in a journal that let me know what they've been up to and new developments.

Am pretty sure that dd2 called her "mama" for a bit, but she never mentioned it.

I occasionally worry about what she might think about my DC's behaviour/ my parenting/choices, but she is too professional to let on!

I have found returning to work after DD2 tough, often feel like am just clinging on, but thanks to her I have had no worries at all about childcare or that the DC are unhappy, which am beyond grateful for.

Dozer Mon 17-Dec-12 20:50:09

It is a vital job, ignore any negativity and be proud!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now