This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Xmas present for childminder?

(12 Posts)
doughnut44 Mon 03-Dec-12 19:45:26

HSMM, I think thats lovely. One of my mindees mums brings me left over craft stuff every so often from school (she is a teacher) I love it but one of my friends thinks she is telling me what to do but I don't think so.
It saves me money too!

HSMM Sat 01-Dec-12 08:47:45

Doughnut - talking about resources reminded me of a massive box of craft stuff a parent gave me for Christmas once. It wasn't really a present for me, but for all the mindees, which was lovely.

mathanxiety Sat 01-Dec-12 08:16:17

Money.

doughnut44 Sat 01-Dec-12 01:06:04

I got a set of Russian Dolls for my birthday from one of my mindees. I love them - not only are they a lovely ornament but they are also great for the LO's to play with.
I am not keen on all the usual pressies so this was fab for me as it was a resource that I wanted for the children. The other things I like to receive are little garden animals as this not only brings me pleasure but the mindees too.
I once got one of those expensive ornaments which was a guardian angel. I was bought that because thats how the mum felt about me. It was a lovely thought but I was highly embarrassed and tbh - - it wasn't my taste or decor

minderjinx Wed 28-Nov-12 19:39:30

I would be delighted with bath stuff, flowers or gin. Decidedly unkeen on chocolate, but I am still pleased if somebody is kind enough to buy me them - I give them to the next school fete.

FunnysInLaJardin Wed 28-Nov-12 14:07:32

I usually buy my CM something for the bath from Clarins or something along those lines. I have no idea whether she likes it, but she has never complained!

a big hug and card with some "nice words" written in will do me fine....dont want folk buying for me....everyone is hard up. I know i am appreciated...i am told over and over again

Earthymama Tue 27-Nov-12 22:50:16

Parents bought me a Christmas bouquet once, it was wonderful and I was delighted!!
They know me well so I often get gin..........blush

HSMM Tue 27-Nov-12 22:48:08

I am a CM and I love chocolates and biscuits. As others have said ... it's the thought that counts and anything (or nothing) within your budget is fine.

lisa1968 Tue 27-Nov-12 22:34:47

whatever you get she will love-I'm a CM and it's nice to be appreciated.But it is nice when parents go the extra mile and get something that's a bit more personal-a voucher for a favourite shop,or special perfume etc.
thank you for thinking about her!xx

jamaisjedors Tue 27-Nov-12 19:00:34

That's nice. Our childminder gets the DS birthday and Christmas presents and is generally all-round wonderful (DS1 is now 8 so we have known her that long).

Originally we used to give her chocolates/champagne, and a couple of times she has asked for a nice photo of the boys but now we give her a bonus of 100-150Euros in her Christmas card because I know she is hard up financially.

I'm sure she'll be happy with what you give her- especially say a nice picture done by your DD and then something extra for her.

Hope someone will be along with ideas soon.

This is my first Xmas after going back to work and my DD's childminder has been amazing so far. DD absolutely loves her.

The CM mentioned the other day to me what she has bought DD for Xmas (just incase I was intending to get the same thing). That has got me thinking about what I should get the CM for Xmas from me and DD.

I think I was planning to get her some naice xmasy biscuits or chocolates but now I think I should probably get her something a bit less generic.

Does anyone have any ideas? Any CMs here have any ideas if sorts of pressies they have received in the past? What would be the right sort of thing to give a childminder? I don't want to go over the top!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now